Model Railroad Clubs in Dayton area?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by DaytonTrainDude, Aug 8, 2004.

1. DaytonTrainDude

DaytonTrainDude New Member

This may not be the appropriate place to ask this question so I apologize in advance if not. I was wondering if there are any clubs in the Dayton area for model railroaders. I have noticed that there are many model railroaders in the area, but I have yet to find a club. Any ideas?

2. CN1

CN1 Active Member

What scale? I'm not familiar with your area but I did find the following listing:

Model Railroad Club by State:

*Burning River 'N' Society: Cleveland, OH. An N-TRAK club meeting at members' homes the third Friday of the month. (1/31/98) [site off-line.

*C.A.N.S. (Columbus Area N Scalers): Columbus, OH. A look at the Columbus Area N Scaler Models and meetings. Up coming events and activities. (4/17/01)site off-line

*Carillon Park Rail & Steam Society: Dayton, OH. Builds, operates and promotes a sub-scale railroad in the Carillon Historical Park and promotes 7 1/2 inch gauge activities at model train shows. (12/21/98)site off-line

*Cuyahoga Valley S Gauge Association: Cleveland, OH. Northeast Ohio's original S Gauge club, welcoming all interests of S Gauge including Scale, American Flyer, Hi-Rail, Sn3. (1-4-02)

*Cuyahoga Valley and West Shore Model Railroad Club: Olmsted Falls, OH. The Cuyahoga Valley and West Shore Model Railroad Club. (4-17-02)

*Central Ohio N-Trak: Columbus, OH. A Multi Scale Model railroad club with modular layouts in N and HO, and a Semi-Permanent Layout in G. (9/26/98)

*Central Ohio S Gaugers: Columbus, OH. We are a S Gauge/scale club with over 60 members and a modular layout. (4/17/01)

*Cooke Road Train Crew: Columbus, OH. Model Railroading Club HO & N. (8-18-03)

*Greater Cincinnati Garden Railway Society: The GCGRS is a club whose members have an interest in garden and large-scale model railroading. (4/25/98)

*The Hocking Valley Model Railroaders: The Hocking Valley Model Railroad Club is located in Lancaster, Ohio. We model the Hocking Valley/C & O Railroads in HO and N-scale. (4/17/01)

*Janis Junction Model Railroad Club: Columbus, OH. Freelance club run mostly by seniors but open to all. Located at the Ohio State Fairgrounds / Exhibitions Center. (1/23/00)
    site off-line

*Lake Shore Live Steamers: Cleveland, OH. Information, photos, videos, sounds, and more from this 1-1/2" club. (5/4/97)

* North Coast N-scalers: This is a new club forming in the Cleveland, OH area, check us out! (7-29-01) site off-line

*Pittsburgh & Ohio Northern Railroad Club: Ada, OH. HO club that exists in the upstairs portion of the Ada Railroad Depot. (5/20/99)

*The Sebring Model Railroad Club: Sebring, IN. Welcome to the Sebring Model Railroad Club, home of the Ohio & Western Allegheny and Lake Erie & Ohio Railroads. (4/15/01)

*Travelin' Trainmen of North Central Ohio: North Central Ohio, Ohio. We are a group of model railroaders that meet once a week at a different member's home. Our members include Dean Freytag his South Ridge Lines were featured on the Allen Keller Productions - "Great Model Railroads" Volume 3. (7-15-03)

*Tri-State NTRAK: Cincinnati, OH. Tri-State Ntrak was established in 1985, is located in Cincinnati. Meetings on 2nd Thursday of month. (5/13/01) site off-line

*Youngstown Model Railroad Club: Youngstown, Oh. We are an O and HO scale club located in Youngstown,Ohio. We have 2 Operating layouts and we are accepting memberships. (7-1-03)

Hope this help a little.......