Model PZL

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by jeryone, Mar 11, 2005.

1. jeryone

jeryone New Member

2. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Fair warning: The PZL offer is a promotion, incomplete model

In the download there are three sheets of instructional sketches (no English text or history of aircraft, though, like for the RWD 25 on the same site) - and just one sheet of parts, for this 1/33 model.

Fair warning: This offer is just a teaser - all parts are not there. Of course there are more sheets of parts to a model of this size. Obviously a promotion for purchasing the Model Kartonowy 2005-1 issue. Quite legitimate, but don't be mislead!

Here's what the model looks like, for prospective buyers of that magazine:

Of more interest, there's a competition announced, building the Bartel 6A (a biplane) or the RWD 25, (a low-wing monoplane), both offered on the site, and both complete models downloadable for free. Deadline 30 April 2005.

3. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Wow! Why don't modern aircraft look as beautiful as that! Fairey Fantome, that was another....

Tim P
  4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

ok..............How do we get the magazine?
  5. lunarhighway

lunarhighway Member

woohooo! finally i've been waiting for this plane to come out! The I-16 on this site is really nice, easy to put together, but with very convincing detail (so far i've build it 4 time! if that's any indication of how much i like it, so i think this plane will be one of my favorites too :) from what i could gather on google the actual plane was never build....if looks good though....reminds me of the Fokker D.XXI

looking forward to build this :)
  6. Swinger

Swinger Member

Actually, two prototypes were built. :)
  7. qwerty

qwerty New Member

rwd-25 not compleet?????

I have build two models of this site and they were all compleet to the last part. I have taken a other look to the drawings of the rwd-25 and think they are compleet!!! I will start building next week
    only the link to shows a incompleet drawing

8. Swinger

Swinger Member

It's because all the models despite P.8 are for free. The P.8, however, will be published in new "CardPlane" series, and soon available in Poland (and probably in other places, too ;-) ) for 9 zlotys :). The sheets on the site are just examples of what the issue will include - a kind of advertisement.
  9. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

ok...............How do we - in the states- get a copy of the magazine?
  10. Falcon

Falcon Member

Well, that's a nice bird. :D
  11. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Okay............I'll ask again. :!:

How can I get a copy of this magazine? I want to build this plane.

Swinger...........Leif...........somebody! I'll send money for the mag and cover shipping & handling.

It's not fair that y'all won't share............. come on guys I wanta play with the pretty plane!! :(
  12. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

I second the request, John on the site they seem to be arranging release to the worldwide public, hopefully soon, if you find out let us know, vice versa, this sounds like a cool thing the mag and planes, later,Ted
  13. Swinger

Swinger Member

I don't think there will be any problem with getting this model in Internet shops, just be patient. :) Of course if you won't be able to buy P.8 in the USA or wherever, I can help with this. Anyway, as for now, the model hasn't been published, and is not available anywhere. ;-)

Lech, the owner, said that the new free models will still be being added, despite CardPlane series. And, as for CardPlane, the first three issues will include three Polish aircrafts that have never been published before (P.8 is one of them).

What's more, I don't know if you know, but RWD-25 is the first model of a series which is planned to cover various unfinished Polish pre-war projects (it's something like "Luftwaffe 1946" ;-) ). In 1939 there were several aircrafts (prototypes or just advanced designs) that were to be being produced in 1940-42 - unfortunately the outbreak of war didn't allow to finish them, and apart from PZL-37 Łoś medium bombers, all the Polish aircrafts were out of date.
  14. cygielski

cygielski Member

To make that clear, I think Swinger means the PZL P.8, not the RWD-25, which was in the design stage when the war broke out.
    AFAIC, the P.8, with its in-line engine, looks far better than the radial-engined P.11 and P.24 planes that actually went into production.
  15. Swinger

Swinger Member

That's right, I meant P.8.
  16. Swinger

Swinger Member

17. Ron

Ron Member

I received a kit from Lech and I'm in the midst of a review. You're absolutely right, it looks great!

18. Swinger

Swinger Member

19. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Alright Swinger............ You're doing it to me again. When WILL this model be available? :D

I'm in typical American Mode.............I want it..........and I want it NOW! :D :D

I can hardly wait to see your thread of this build!
  20. Swinger

Swinger Member

I guess it is a temporary unavailability. Keep on checking this link every day. ;-)

Well, yeah, looks like I shall build this model indeed... :)