Model Power products?

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
I've got 10 or 12 of the FAs, all with the fat can motors, but none of them have flywheels. The two E-units also have the big motors, and flywheels. With the full-width carbody and ample-size motor, there's plenty of room to add some weight: The FA weighs 16 oz., the FPA 23.5 oz., and the FPB 26 oz. Real workhorses.

Wayne

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
Wayne,
Do you have any spare parts for a Model Power FA or Baldwin?
I have an FA that needs a complete set of gears for one truck. It is running with one truck powered and still pulls like a mule.
The gears from a Roco C424 will also work.

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Sorry Ray, but I have nothing at all in the way of spare parts for these locos. I can keep an eye out at the LHS, though, as those units sometimes show up on the "used" table at pretty reasonable prices. I had a couple of units with split axle gears, but cannibalised a dummy unit, as even they have the gear on the axles. However, none of the other gears are in the trucks of the dummy units, as you know.
Do you need the entire truck, or just the gears? Do you also need the wheel/axle/axle gear parts too?

Wayne

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
Thanks anyway Wayne, All I need to find are the gears. What I did was power a dummy locomotive using a set of gears from a Roco C424. I was surprised to see they were the same. I have been searching for another set for some time, I can't even find a C424 junker.