Model Power flexi Track

jhh72

Apr 5, 2007
Australia
Gday.
Has anyone here used the Model Power code 100 flexi track at all? I have always used Peco 100 myself..Someome i know can sell me a cpl of boxes of it (25 per box)and im not sure if Model Power is decent to use? I am building a new layout so this will help me as its all new and at a good price..any thoughts on Model Power?

Cheers J

darkcurves

Feb 5, 2007
I bought 100 pieces from Internettrains(Dont buy from them!) but havent got them yet. From my research on various online forums, i found out their quality is not bad although details on the ties are abit out of scale and also very stiff compared to Atlas.

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
flex trak

I have used flextrak other than Atlas and never had any problem. Looks don't affect me as I am only concerned with how smooth my HO trains run. The only switches I have used are LL, MP, and Atlas, and I don't care for Atlas switches.

Lynn

That's all I use on my layout and I have no complaints. It is "stay in place" track so when you bend it holds it's shape which I think is a real feature. So far I've laid about 225 feet of it and it's all good. The one thing I did notice is that most of the ends need to have metal flash trimmed off. Also the color is not that bright silver like Atlas. It almost look tarnished. When I called Model Power about it the told me that there is more nickel silver and less tin which causes the brightness. I've had the track down for about 8 months and have not had any issue with tarnish problems what-so-ever. I highly recommend it.

My 2 ¢ for what it's worth :thumb:

darkcurves

Feb 5, 2007
I got it from Tee Usa for USD115. If i remember right, it can run on minimum Code 70. I have tested this on Code 83 and it works great!

jhh72

Apr 5, 2007
Australia
hi guys thankyou for your replies.Yes i personaly feel that Peco is one of the best(if not the best) to stick with.From previous use many years ago i will be sticking with Peco points for sure and ill buy a cpl of 25 packs code 100 for the front /main part of the layout but ill use the model power for the "behind the scenes/non ballasted staging areas and basically all that cannot be seen etc simply to save costs.I like the look and use of Peco definately.I have purchased the Model power and ill give some feedback on what i think...I am saving $35 per box compared to Pecos pricing but as said im prepared to pay more for Peco where its warranted.

Cheers J