Model Power Farmhouse Kit (N Scale)

Drew1125

I posted a thread on this several months ago in the N & Z forum, but I thought I'd resurect it again for this forum.
Tyson posted a thread on his Macon Pallet Co., & it confirms the notion that you don't have to spend a fortune on expensive kits to have realistic structures.
Take the Model Power Farmhouse for example...
They're as common as mosquitos in July, they're kind of toy-like, & there are millions of them, in various colors, & such, but basically, this is what you get - "out of the box"...

Attachments

• mp1.jpg
    mp1.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 191

Drew1125

Now, a few simpple changes...gluing the window castings to the inside of the walls, instead of outside, a scratchbuilt chimney, a new roof, window shades & some weathering...
...here's what I've got...

Attachments

• mp2.jpg
    mp2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 167

Drew1125

...here's another version of the same kit...
This time I chopped it down to a one story, with a dormer on the front, added new roofs, a porch across the front, & some fairly heavy weathering...

The moral is...don't judge a kit by the picture on the box! :)

Attachments

• mp3.jpg
    mp3.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 168

bobrien

Nah Charlie - I like the original version best. Nothing like that real plastic look :p

But I guess your other versions aren't too bad :D

In reality - I agree with Rich - just hope that anything I do can turn half as good. I'd even go with a quarter good.
All us 'learners' are so darn lucky to be able to see the work of real modellers on here.

alkcnw

Like I always said, the best thing you can do with model power kits is to make something else out of them!!!!!:eek:

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
A great job of bashin and painting to get that building looking like it was built in 1898 Charlie
Nicely done.