Model Power Farmhouse Kit (N Scale)

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Drew1125, May 30, 2002.

1. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

I posted a thread on this several months ago in the N & Z forum, but I thought I'd resurect it again for this forum.
    Tyson posted a thread on his Macon Pallet Co., & it confirms the notion that you don't have to spend a fortune on expensive kits to have realistic structures.
    Take the Model Power Farmhouse for example...
    They're as common as mosquitos in July, they're kind of toy-like, & there are millions of them, in various colors, & such, but basically, this is what you get - "out of the box"...

Attached Files:

• mp1.jpg
      File size:
      27.2 KB
  2. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Now, a few simpple changes...gluing the window castings to the inside of the walls, instead of outside, a scratchbuilt chimney, a new roof, window shades & some weathering...'s what I've got...

Attached Files:

• mp2.jpg
      File size:
      34.9 KB
  3. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member's another version of the same kit...
    This time I chopped it down to a one story, with a dormer on the front, added new roofs, a porch across the front, & some fairly heavy weathering...

The moral is...don't judge a kit by the picture on the box! :)

Attached Files:

• mp3.jpg
      File size:
      31.2 KB
  4. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Couldn't agree with you more my friend ! I think this was one of the first ideas I stoled from you. :D
  5. rich maiorano

rich maiorano Member

damm good work or sould i say work of art am in aww of u guys hope mine trun out as half as good:D
  6. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Good bashing there Charlie, that's how to get character into the layout.

7. Catt

Catt Guest

I'm impressed :D
  8. bobrien

bobrien Member

Nah Charlie - I like the original version best. Nothing like that real plastic look :p

But I guess your other versions aren't too bad :D

In reality - I agree with Rich - just hope that anything I do can turn half as good. I'd even go with a quarter good.
    All us 'learners' are so darn lucky to be able to see the work of real modellers on here.
  9. alkcnw

alkcnw Member

Like I always said, the best thing you can do with model power kits is to make something else out of them!!!!!:eek:
  10. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

A great job of bashin and painting to get that building looking like it was built in 1898 Charlie
    Nicely done.