Model Power 4-6-2 Pacific

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I just recieved a catolog from Standard Hobby and they list a 4-6-2 medal body engine. Does anyone have or know anything about this steam engine as to how good a runner it is.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Ron:)

G

Gregg Mahlkov

"'Airware"

There are several advertisers that take reservations on not yet released rolling stock and make it very clear that the item has only been announced, not released. There are others, that as soon as a price is determined, advertise the item. They are careful not to say that they have the item in stock, but they are also careful to give the buyer no inkling that the manufacturer has not even released the item yet and may not do so for months. They do this in hopes you will buy and they can then earn interest on your money until they finally receive the merchandise and can send it to you. There have been NO pictures of this model shown anywhere, so I would not expect it to be in stores next week (or next month)..

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
4-6-2

Thanks for the input guys. I thought it was to good to be true as the last I had heard of it was'nt to long ago. At that time there was'nt even a decent picture of it. Now here is another one for you. They also list in there closeout sale a Rivarossi 080 Yard Goat. Does anyone have any input on that engine. If I remember right its been quite a spell since they were made.

Thanks for any input

Ron

The Riv. 0-8-0 is the exact same model as all the Atlas 0-8-0's floating around on Ebay. Atlas had RR make some for them and then discontinued the line. RR then started their own production at a much higher MSRP. You can usually find the Atlas locos on Ebay for under $35.

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Is the 0-8-0 you are talking about the Indiana Harbor Belt one? I had one as a kid and loved it. If so, does anyone know if the current version has the smaller flanges?

Gary

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Yard Goat

Hello Gary,

I don't know about the flanges. I do know its the same model listed in my Walthers 1999 catolog and the model you mentioned. The price seems pretty good at a hundred and nineteen dollars as its listed at all but two hundred. I had ordered one from a hobby shop who deals only with Walthers and it was back ordered but never came in. Thanks for your input guys.

Ron

:)