Model Of The Week : The Spice Must Flow...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by the4ce, Aug 30, 2010.

1. the4ce

the4ce Member

I put a myself a question about the Carryall/thopther: If I build one should I make it with two wings or four? Like a dragonfly.

The Carryall flaps his wings exactly like a thopter, but if it has two wings the aircraft will go up & down while flapping it's wings. Not very practical when trying to lift off a vehicle from the ground without making any damage.
  2. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

you need four to make it look good, now I need to ask are you going to make an assembly guide for the spice harvester?
    I'm putting it together but I have some ???'s about some of the parts I need some type of reference for the assembly...
  3. blaar

blaar Member

It is for that exact reason why I also prefer having the PDO of a model. Makes more sence when building, but I can understand the creators wanting to protect their work. Damn pirates :(
  4. the4ce

the4ce Member

Ah, I was afraid this could happen. Does some reference photos will help you? Tell me what you don't understand.

I could put password on the .pdo, but the real reason I didn't put it is because not everyone has Pepakura and I didn't wanted a bigger .zip. If it's necessary I will make step by step instructions.
  5. legion

legion Member

You can lock the pdo without a password. It's under the Files - Export menu.
  6. Nice, although I hope to see a more detailed version of the real movie version in the future. I love the ripped and rounded Chriss Voss design!
  7. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

I do have pep both the designer and veiwer PM me if you will.
  8. the4ce

the4ce Member

Thank you Marco.

UPDATE: Version 1.1 released
    -Fixed color of a line and moved two flaps.
    -Fixed fremen marking (was upside down).
    -Added some missing flaps.
    -Added reference images in a new pdf (if you are confused where some parts need to be put)!

You can download it here: link

Hope you like the modifications. :)
  9. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

10. spartanx206

spartanx206 New Member

that looks like it was fun to unfold
  11. The reference pics are very helpful. Thanks!
  12. Dunkel

Dunkel New Member

Hi, I have printed the different parts, but I can't see where to start. Can you give me some help and tell me the first parts to build ?

13. the4ce

the4ce Member

Well it doesn't really matter with what parts you start. You can start by building the main hull then start building the front of the harvester by adding part by part to the hull and after that you can attach the tracks.
  14. Dunkel

Dunkel New Member

Thanks I will try.
  15. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

I would like to download the model, but my virus protection software warns that the content of the file is dangerous.

16. the4ce

the4ce Member

Hello, I use Kaspersky as anti-virus software and it doesn't detect anything. It could be just a false alarm...

If it was infected I think somebody by now would have notify me about that.
  17. Greenman

Greenman Member

This looks AWESOME! I'm definitely building one.
    Thanks for sharing.:thumb:
  18. johndenord

johndenord New Member

Looks ice have try that
  19. the4ce

the4ce Member

I am glad that you like it.
    If someone finishes the model, please, share some pictures with it.
  20. the4ce

the4ce Member

Finally! I finished the model! :mrgreen: Well...maybe some adjustments could be made and it's not the cleanest build I made.
    Those tracks took forever to make!

Here are some images(download too): link