Model Of The Week: My Steampunk Cube...

Mousemuffins1

Apr 14, 2007
thought I'd better start including a scale cube in my posts, so here's my latest creation:

The Hexidecimal Ocular-comparitive measurement'o'tron :

100D0521.jpg

100D0522.jpg

100D0523.jpg

All in all, about six hours work, nothing to difficult just a bit tedious cutting out the cogs. This one I wanted to finish quickly rather than spend an extraordinary amount of time with neat and tidy.

...need a good lie down.:cry:

causticphlegm

Jun 4, 2007
6 hours?! Holy cow. That would take me 6 days with all that wonderful detail. Very nice, MM. I love steampunk stuff.

Mousemuffins1

Apr 14, 2007
Thank for the happy comments.

It's pretty much all card / foamcore with a bit of aluminium wire and some LEDs. I used 5mm foamcore for convenience, but it would probably be better making the blocks from thinner, folded card. oh yes, it's painted with acrylics.

E

ekuth

Perhaps, but if he is, he's our kind of sick. :thumb:

Model Of The Week fer sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mousemuffins1

Apr 14, 2007
sorry, there won't be a download. The models are comprised of about 400 lasercut 1mm card pieces, which I built as christmas presents for my family last year. They were planned to be inexpensive, but I kinda got carried away, (as usual), and ended up with an extremly late christmas eve to get them done on time.

They are a bit random in nature, and pretty much impossible to do instructions for. Alot of the cogs, for example, aren't attached to anything but the one next to them, and virtualy nothing makes sense. They just look pretty.

here's a couple more pictures, including the one I did for my Brother, in a more Manly rusted finish.

PC240010.jpg

PC240007.jpg

and some shots of the inner layer, not immediatly obvious in the other pictures:

PC200014.jpg

PC200012.jpg

reklein

Jun 11, 2008
Lewiston ID
steampunk

Beautiful model , makes me want to drug you and break your fingers:twisted: Why can't I think up that S...:cool: Are we gonna see more ,please. BILL