Model Of The Week: My Steampunk Cube...

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by Mousemuffins1, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

thought I'd better start including a scale cube in my posts, so here's my latest creation:

The Hexidecimal Ocular-comparitive measurement'o'tron :

All in all, about six hours work, nothing to difficult just a bit tedious cutting out the cogs. This one I wanted to finish quickly rather than spend an extraordinary amount of time with neat and tidy.

...need a good lie down.:cry:
  2. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

added some extra bits....

3. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

6 hours?! Holy cow. That would take me 6 days with all that wonderful detail. Very nice, MM. I love steampunk stuff.

ARMORMAN Guest

5. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

FANTASTIC & great fun too.
  6. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

Bravo! Terrific cube!

ARMORMAN Guest

8. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Very original Mousemuffins1!:cool:

Yes, what material did you use?

N/Z scale Old West paper models (free samples) and the (almost) famous Ping Pong Ball Cannon at
  9. mauther

mauther Active Member

You did an very original work! Thanks for the photos!
  10. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

Thank for the happy comments.

It's pretty much all card / foamcore with a bit of aluminium wire and some LEDs. I used 5mm foamcore for convenience, but it would probably be better making the blocks from thinner, folded card. oh yes, it's painted with acrylics.
  11. mordrake69

mordrake69 mordrake69

im new to the whole steampunk thing looking for models airships.if any body can help please let me know
  12. PaperAir

PaperAir Active Member

that is so SWEET!!!!!!
  13. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

that was the Mk1 version.

..I did a second one....

It was a bit more complex than the first.

You're sick mouse....really, really sick.
  15. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Perhaps, but if he is, he's our kind of sick. :thumb:

Model Of The Week fer sure.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  16. Tirick

Tirick Member

That is brilliant work! Absolutely stunning level of detail on the gears and pipes.
  17. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

That is awsome work, is there going to be a download?
  18. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

sorry, there won't be a download. The models are comprised of about 400 lasercut 1mm card pieces, which I built as christmas presents for my family last year. They were planned to be inexpensive, but I kinda got carried away, (as usual), and ended up with an extremly late christmas eve to get them done on time.

They are a bit random in nature, and pretty much impossible to do instructions for. Alot of the cogs, for example, aren't attached to anything but the one next to them, and virtualy nothing makes sense. They just look pretty.

here's a couple more pictures, including the one I did for my Brother, in a more Manly rusted finish.

and some shots of the inner layer, not immediatly obvious in the other pictures:

19. RocketmanTan

RocketmanTan Well-Known Member

Great job, and very creative way of making a scale cube steampunk!!
  20. reklein

reklein Member

Beautiful model , makes me want to drug you and break your fingers:twisted: Why can't I think up that S...:cool: Are we gonna see more ,please. BILL