Model of The Month TWO!: Battlestar Galactica TOS Colonial Warrior Blaster 1:1

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Aug 1, 2010.

1. jam jam very cool
  2. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

It is looking really good.
  3. Greenman

Greenman Member

Can't wait to build it and whip it out of a thigh strapped holster.:mrgreen:
  4. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Are you making one? That'd be cool..!
  5. dkaniel

dkaniel Member

SWEET! Can't wait to see the finished model.
  6. Greenman

Greenman Member

I just might.....a gun needs a holster. I'll have to start going through costume pix looking at the holster and gun belt.

I've always wanted one of those jackets, too.:mrgreen:
  7. Rhaven Blaack

Here are some pics of the hoster and belt that I hope will help with your build.

Good luck with it.
  8. Greenman

Greenman Member

Sweet! Thanks. looks like It should be simple enough:thumb:
  9. Rhaven Blaack

Glad I could help mate. :thumb:
  10. Kjev

Kjev Member

So will this be available any time soon? If so, how many centurions do I have to exterminate to get one?
  11. Revell-Fan

How are you able to find those pics? I ran a full web sweep and didn't found these... Great! Thanks, man! :thumb:

To all: I have already designed (and unfolded) the golden marker on the belt (in 1:1 scale), so there is no need to develop it again. It was supposed to be a little surprise add-on which should come with the plans for the blaster. But now... I felt to spoil it! :p
  12. Revell-Fan

Gimme 5 Centurion heads and 1 No. Six (alive!) and we'll see! :twisted:
  13. Revell-Fan

This is it, a sneak preview of the marker. It is 3 3/4" high (sounds familiar, doesn't it?).

I give you the (approximate) dimensions of the blaster, too, in case anyone tries to make a holster. So you may ensure that everything fits ;-) . Please bear in mind that there are two types of Colonials: Starbucks (= right-handed) and Apollos (= left-handed), so we need a mirrored version of the holster, too.

Attached Files:

14. Rhaven Blaack

Looks good so far. It will make a good addition to the blaster.
  15. rysjin

rysjin New Member

That is some piece of work Revell - Fan!!! BTW GreenMan' that was one of my favorite episodes of BSG 2.
  16. Revell-Fan

I am now developing the last small greeblies on the outer hull. Some of them will be very small and I wonder if they can be built. My idea to use extensive laminations to get raised surface structures seems to be the easiest and most effective way.
  17. The king

The king New Member

18. Revell-Fan

The main structure of the blaster is complete! :twisted:

I am now working on some additional textures. CU! :wave:
  19. clif52

clif52 Banned

Can't wait for this one.

I can't wait for this one. I've wanted Colonial Blaster since I saw the original show. Looking good so far.

20. rysjin

rysjin New Member

@ Revell - Fan that is sick bra!!! I loved that classic but I tend to like th' cylon centurions better especially th'' raiders spacecraft. Keep up th' good work.