Model of The Month TWO!: Battlestar Galactica TOS Colonial Warrior Blaster 1:1

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

:mrgreen: OK! :thumb:
  2. Revell-Fan

The Colonial Blaster has been added to the BSG downloads section. Have fun and enjoy. And please post pics of your builds!
  3. jarobinson

jarobinson Member

That's going to be awesome I can't wait to see the final build. Good luck!
  4. Kjev

Kjev Member

5. barrett.fran21

barrett.fran21 New Member

wow looks really nice :) have you resin it or is it still card?
  6. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

This is a card model, but if you wanted, I am certain that you could resin it.
  7. barrett.fran21

barrett.fran21 New Member

thanks for letting me know. think id see how strong it was then think about using resin.
  8. Revell-Fan

Yeah, everything made of paper! :mrgreen:
  9. I downloaded this the first day it was available. Far better than I ever imagined it could be. I'm working through the Buck Rogers Blasters, slowly, first. This is because the Colonial Warriors Laser is my dream model, I'm a novice builder and I want to do it justice.
    Revel-Fan, awesome design. Thank-you for all your hard work. This is certainly a commercial quality work of art.
    Raven Black, thank you for doing the test build, and for all you've contributed to this project.
  10. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

Thank you for the compliments.

Could you post a build thread of your work? We would like to see photos.
  11. Revell-Fan

You are always welcome! :wave:
    I have to agree with you; RB is a master modeler. His super-detailing inspired me to do some refining and to make the kit even more detailed. I enjoy every team-up with him, and I am sure the next two projects we are preparing will be as sophisticated as this one.
    And yes, I too would love to see a build thread of yours.
    And I am flushing. :mrgreen:
  12. Rissa

Rissa New Member

I disappear for a bit, and miss the big unveiling...

But...Its BEAUTIFUL!!! :thumb:

Shall have to try it out, once I get a bit of downtime.

Very nice.
  13. mapleman

mapleman Member

Hello. I worked out the new download section. Thanks for your help.

Once l download the file, its a internet explorer link icon not a PDO file?
    Where have l gone wrong?
  14. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I just tried it to make sure, and it is working just as explained. This is a .RAR file that extracts into separate .PDF files, not PDO's. This is the direct link to the model:

It's there. Make sure your computer does not have any malware. The file is great. This is a commercial quality model. :thumb:
  15. mapleman

mapleman Member

I can download the Cylon Boot Armor with no problems and view the file on pepakura viewer 3.
    But every time l try to download the BSG Blaster, my pc save the file as a internet explorer icon (rar file.)

I know that l have a problem at my end, not the zealot website or other papermodel web sites, as l can download most models with no problem. A very low number of models where l have this problem downloading as a rar file.

I may have a malare problem and how do l deal with issue ?

Thank you for all your help and future helps.
  16. mapleman

mapleman Member

I have already been making a paper model Cylon armor.
    I would like to make a Colonial Warrior paper model costume too, I do have the helmet file and l know soon l will get the blaster file too.

My friends love the work l have already done with the Cylon armor costume, along the way l have made some of the papermodel BSG spaceship as gifts to my BSG fan friends.
    As l am the only one who has the patients to build papermodels among my friends.
  17. Revell-Fan

Good luck with it! :thumb:

If you are having download problems, try downloading the file(s) with another browser. Or PM me and I'll send you the uncompressed *.pdf files :mrgreen: .
  18. Revell-Fan

Hi, Rissa! Missed you around here. Good to hear from you again. I'd love to see a build thread from you! :wave:
  19. steve36uk

steve36uk New Member

Awesome design and modelling!!
  20. deanwormer

deanwormer New Member

Absolutely beautiful.

You have really done the blaster justice.