• Headft.jpg
    Headft.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 8
  • headtop.jpg
    headtop.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 11
Z

Zathros

THANK YOU!!! Those pictures are exactly what I wanted. This is a work of art. I am very happy for you. The detail shots explained a lot. I almost expect to see this beast walking! Thanks for loading up these pictures. I know it is kind of a pain, but it really gives the kind of views that people need to see, so they can understand. This is modeling taken to an incredible level. The scroll work, all these details. Time to stop just printing on parts, printing on detail and texture, like old tin toys of the 1960's. This is how you make models that look what they is being modeled, and looks better, the closer you get! Fantastic!!! :):thumb:

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Oct 2, 2009
NW Indiana
armorman.deviantart.com
So anyway, I get many request from friends and former classmates to enter the titan in an art contest called "Artprize" which is in Grand Rapids, MI. They provide a list of venues that you can contact (though they don't tell you how) to see if they will host your art piece.

My college alma mater happens to be in this city, so I contacted them.....

I just received a rejection notice from them....figures.

Z

Zathros

Could it be possible that they think it's a big piece of plastic someone purchased, without realizing it is the culmination of a couple of year project. I would make another phone call and "educate" them. :)

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Oct 2, 2009
NW Indiana
armorman.deviantart.com
Good News! I have a venue for display:

GrandLAN Gaming Center
56 N. Division Ave
Grand Rapids, MI 49503

Dates:

SEPTEMBER 19 – OCTOBER 7, 2012

If you can make it there, check out the Titan.

It's Kitty-Corner from my alma-mater and my daughter wants me to set it up in their front window with guns pointing toward it....

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Oct 2, 2009
NW Indiana
armorman.deviantart.com
I sent out a general email about the venue, and somehow one of my clients got stuck on the list. This is what I got in my inbox:

XXXX Corp. strongly objects to ideas of self-righteousness, hatefulness, vengeance and violence. It is our preference to avoid associating with organizations and individuals who declare such thoughts or ideology. Kindly remove our email address from your list immediately. Thank you.

Z

Zathros

I would have sent an e-mail back reading, "After much consideration, I have decided I will unkindly not remove your email from my list, and in fact will continue to send you more self righteous , hateful , vengeful and violence laden ideas. I will continue to associate with you as an individual and as I grow within my community, as an organization, and further declare my thoughts and ideology, until I receive a letter or email from you that states you understand the silly and foolish nature of your response. Furthermore, I would like you to now that 10's of 1000's of people have read your ridiculous response, as I am well know in certain circles and communities. I will elucidate on this on our next discussion"..................or something along that line.

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Oct 2, 2009
NW Indiana
armorman.deviantart.com
Well, I finally finished the pedestal and display case for the Titan (notice the all 3-D paper scale Space Marine). Now I wait to see if enough people like it and will vote for it....

Attachments

• displaycase.jpg
    displaycase.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 12
  • ltside.jpg
    ltside.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 10
  • rtside.jpg
    rtside.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 12
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 12
  • marinenorm.jpg
    marinenorm.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 11
Z

Zathros

That is so beyond awesome!! I really am at a loss for words! :inw: :inw: :goldcup:

NobodyUknow

Mar 27, 2009
Profoundly good work!

Words simply don't do it justice, and I can completely understand the labor of love it is to chip away at a project for a very long time, but I have never come close to "years", so my congratulations to you for your patience and persistence.

Now, seeing as you're done with it, and it took you about 2 years, isn't it about time you made a Chaos counterpart, and since you've done it before you could do it again in half the time now right? sign1

Joking aside, you've set a high water mark, and I only wish there were patterns to follow in your footsteps!

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Oct 2, 2009
NW Indiana
armorman.deviantart.com
Thanks and welcome to the boards!

I did UL a modified file of the original with the basic head and raised surface trim plus the radiator attachment. I believe the link is a couple of pages back.

As far as a Chaos variant is concerned, I have some ideas, but am currently working on 3 other projects at this time.

NobodyUknow

Mar 27, 2009
Thank you for the welcome!

I completely understand your preoccupation with other projects, I was saying "now do it again, but in half the time!" tongue-in-cheek, sadly the text doesn't carry the joking tone. :mrgreen:

As to the upload you mentioned of the pattern(s), perhaps it was up at one time or removed at some point? I've combed the thread and I don't think I saw one, but if you still have the file(s) I'd be elated to see them. From the links I saw it was imagery, cutter devices, and so forth.

Thanks in advance, and keep at it!