Model Of The Month: Large Scale NBSG Colonial Shuttle

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by MTK, Apr 2, 2011.

1. MTK

MTK Active Member

And now for something completely different a large scale Colonial Shuttle.
    Though these have been done before and many are posted on this forum, I cannot access them even when I dl them, I invariably get some type of error because I'm running IE and not one of the other programs. At any rate, here's version one of the LG Colonial shuttle. Ver 2.0 is right around the corner and will be "No Lines."
  2. MTK

MTK Active Member

3. F131

F131 Member

Thank you for posting. Looks like a fun weekend build.
  4. MTK

MTK Active Member

You're welcome. Yes, it will be as soon as I pick it up from the printer.:mrgreen:
  5. MTK

MTK Active Member

6. MTK

MTK Active Member

Here are a couple of progress pics. Since I'm doing my own Beta build, I'll be changing the unwrap on this, reversing the textures and editing the blog as well as this thread.

Attached Files:

7. F131

F131 Member

She looks great. I look forward to seeing the finished product.
  8. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Hi MTK, great model so far. I think it could use some internal formers to help keep it's shape and add stability, particularly at this scale. :)
  9. MTK

MTK Active Member

Thank you both. I suppose it could use some formers to stiffen it up.... I'll consider that.
  10. MTK

MTK Active Member

I'll be updating this soon, I'm modifying the unfold and trying to make it easier to get all of the parts a little more organized and simpler to build. Same with the MK-II.
  11. RodentMaster

RodentMaster Member

Nah, not formers... What you need in that scale is an interior!

There was a nice sketch or concept art showing the side view and how it broke down the interior space, the front door, the side door, the upper deck, etc. Maybe it was part of the Drex files?

Anybody have a link to that?
  12. Kjev

Kjev Member

Looks awesome! Roughly what scale would you say it is?
  13. MTK

MTK Active Member

Thanks. With regards to scale.... I was just trying to make it big, for my fingers and as bid as could fit on 11X17" cardstock. I'll have to ask Mark, the designer of the actual model, what scale it's close to.:mrgreen:
  14. MTK

MTK Active Member

Doh! Did I put the picture is the wrong place? Doh!

Attached Files:

15. MTK

MTK Active Member

This beast is back on the top of my list, I kind of let it go by the wayside and got involved with a great many other projects. I'm not starting another model, or finishing another model until this is 100% done. I worked on the unfold and justifing the textures appropriately last night and as soon as this is complete I'll update my blog and provide a link. I'll be sending the corrected pages off to print as well....

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:mrgreen:

Attached Files:

16. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Me likey!

Model of the Month! Now, let's see some builds!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  17. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

That is awesome, I eagerly await the non-lined version :)
  18. Gidster

Gidster New Member

This is a nice piece. Looking forward to building it!
  19. kfoncree

kfoncree Keith

OH yes, I agree, an interior would be really cool on that design. Good work my friend!!

20. MTK

MTK Active Member

Doh! I'm honored. I'd better get on this.