Model Of The Month: "Inspired" Deep Space Exploration Vessel

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dented Rick, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

SSHHHHH! Don't tell the Humans! ;)
  2. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

More work on the Bridge. (It's getting closer) :)

Exploration ship 104.jpg Exploration ship 105.jpg Exploration ship 106.jpg Exploration ship 107.jpg
  3. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

A bit of progress on the Main bridge and utility vehicle Docking Bay :)

Exploration ship 108.jpg Exploration ship 109.jpg Exploration ship 110.jpg Exploration ship 111.jpg
  4. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Since moving my Build to this Forum, I have recieved a few PM's asking if I would post an updated View of the entire ship. Please keep in mind, this is STILL a work in progress. Enjoy

front.jpg side.jpg

rear.jpg top.jpg

5. F131

F131 Member

Looking great. The front reminds me of War Rocket Ajax from the 80's movie Flash Gordon, the rest is pure original. What program do you use for designing? Re: an earlier post of yours....I don't know the first thing about original skinning, but with a Photoshop cloning tool I can add onto or enhance an existing part.
  6. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Im doing this entirely in Google Sketchup, and I guess you can skin with Bitmaps or Jpgs
  7. Zathros

Zathros Guest

After looking at your ship, I think that POD of mine is too conventional. Going back to the drawing board!
  8. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Don't settle on one thing too quickly, You've seen how quickly my designs change. ;)
  9. Zathros

Zathros Guest

That's the "Inspirational part"!
  10. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

The inspiration has been coming from some rather strange places :)

For example, the Docking module, I saw from a Cheerios box. LMAO
  11. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Progress and Changes :)

Exploration ship 112.jpg Exploration ship 113.jpg Exploration ship 114.jpg Exploration ship 115.jpg
  12. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

13. MTK

MTK Active Member

Excellent, can't wait to see this textured and finished.:thumb:
  14. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Bridge shell complete, now to fill it. but not tonight. Getta hit the sack for the day. More to come, I promise :)

Exploration ship 122.jpg

Exploration ship 123.jpg

Exploration ship 124.jpg
  15. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Completed the Bridge internals. it LOOKS detailed, but Its actually pretty simple, most of the detail will be skinned. but this will give it depth, which will be AWESOME in the finished model :)

Exploration ship 125.jpg Exploration ship 126.jpg Exploration ship 127.jpg Exploration ship 128.jpg Exploration ship 129.jpg Exploration ship 130.jpg
  16. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

17. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I wouldn't mind a sunroom attached to my house that looked like that!
  18. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

I wouldn't mind a screen like that in my living room...

Love the design DR! Great job so far!
  19. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Thanks, you don't think im making it too detailed? I want it to look good, but I don't want the build to be near impossible
  20. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Worked on the "shuttle" bay, although this launch bay is for the planetary vehicles.

Exploration ship 135.jpg Exploration ship 136.jpg Exploration ship 137.jpg Exploration ship 138.jpg Exploration ship 139.jpg Exploration ship 140.jpg