Model Of The Month: "Inspired" Deep Space Exploration Vessel

Looking great. The front reminds me of War Rocket Ajax from the 80's movie Flash Gordon, the rest is pure original. What program do you use for designing? Re: an earlier post of yours....I don't know the first thing about original skinning, but with a Photoshop cloning tool I can add onto or enhance an existing part.

Im doing this entirely in Google Sketchup, and I guess you can skin with Bitmaps or Jpgs

Z

Zathros

After looking at your ship, I think that POD of mine is too conventional. Going back to the drawing board!

Completed the Bridge internals. it LOOKS detailed, but Its actually pretty simple, most of the detail will be skinned. but this will give it depth, which will be AWESOME in the finished model :)

Exploration ship 125.jpgExploration ship 126.jpgExploration ship 127.jpgExploration ship 128.jpgExploration ship 129.jpgExploration ship 130.jpg

Z

Zathros

I wouldn't mind a sunroom attached to my house that looked like that!

Ok, I "think" im done with the initial design. here is a component copy of my ship for anyone who has Google Sketchup to look at. if you take a look, all I ask is you give me feed back. what you think, positive, negative, whatever. any ideas, things I might have missed. you get the picture.

Plus, anyone who can skin well, and wants to take up the challenge.

were gonna need an unfolder too ;)

Just let me know

View attachment Inspired Deep Space Exploration Vessel - Copy.rar

Some ideas for naming this ship. Note: these are Gaelic words, as that is my Heritage.

Word/What the word means:

àghmhor / happy, prosperous, lucky
gu astar / making distance, i.e. travelling
ban-chéile / spouse, wife
camhanaich / the dawn, twilight
dùil / hope, expectation
fèath / calm, tranquility
iarraidh / request, seeking, searching
iasgach / fishing, the act or art of fishing
imeachd / walking, departing, journeying, going, proceeding
maighdean / maid, maiden, virgin

This ship will have one of these words as its final name.......I just can't decide which one, as they all fit nicely. so let me know what you think, and which one you guys like. remember the name will be "DSEV - _______"

Seriously need help with this one. thanks

perspective.jpg

Z

Zathros

Is there some way of posting a phonetic pronunciation of the names? As one of my favorite names is Siobain, but of course, it is not pronounce "sigh-oh-bane". :)

Now that I see the final model, a different shuttle type idea comes into mind. I'll try and work on it tonight. Also, are these the final colors, and could you be a little more specific about the methodology with the unfolding? Thanks

Is there some way of posting a phonetic pronunciation of the names? As one of my favorite names is Siobain, but of course, it is not pronounce "sigh-oh-bane". :)

Now that I see the final model, a different shuttle type idea comes into mind. I'll try and work on it tonight. Also, are these the final colors, and could you be a little more specific about the methodology with the unfolding? Thanks

Im not too sure about the phonetic pronunciation of the names, as im still learning that language. as for the final colors, these are not the final colors, the entire ship still needs to be skinned. but I was thinking along an egg-shell white for the main color with a red and blue thin strip down the side.

as far as the unfolding, not too sure, I know there is a program out there but i've never unfolded anything in google sketchup. and i REALLY want this unfolded so i can build a paper version :)