Model Of The Month: Ford Tri-Motor (Zorn - 1:33) in SCADTA colors

• Thread starter niebla de fuego
  • Start date
N

niebla de fuego

Stunning work.

Model of The Month and front page for you!

Ekuth: thanks a lot for this recognition. I’m glad that the model is appreciated this way. As I said before, I think a good model starts with a good design. So I know this is not only a recognition to my building skills, but also a homage to Peter Zorn, whose design has proved to be timeless. I know modeling is an ever evolving process, so I will not consider this recognition as a sign that I have reached a special pace; instead I prefer to see it as a sign that I am on a good path towards a future better technique.

To Zathros I also give thanks for his support and encouragement. I am glad I could share this experience with this forum, and if someone finds it inspirational, or if someone learns a bit from it, then I’m happy. I have learned from other people too, and I know that sharing is the best that can be done for the community: it helps to improve by seeing, learning, discussing, and discovering.

I’m a bit sad that this is all over now. I’ll miss working on the Tri-Motor. But who knows! There are still 11 liveries left. If I get too nostalgic I may visit one of them in the future :)

Warm regards,

Rubén Andrés

Z

Zathros

Incredible workmanship Ruben, you have set the standard for not only recoloring, and redoing the texture any model, but for building this model too. Great work all the way 'round not something that is seen much to be honest, :)

Johndhs

Apr 5, 2008
Ruben',

Beautiful build! I have downloaded the model into my 'someday' file. My work needs to get much better to do this project justice.

youngtiger1

Jan 31, 2010
Oh man, I love the Tri-Motor plane and you are did such a great job. Also, thank you sharing the link to were I can download it cause I'm coping this baby for sure.

Mike