Model Of The Month: 2001 EVA Pod Build

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by eatonad, Oct 6, 2011.

1. gila8gila

gila8gila New Member

I like it, and see how u finish it just make feel good about it too. Awesome!!
  2. Tintellaar

Tintellaar Member

That is SOOOO Awesome!!!! I was thinking of doing the pod, will probably do the Aries tho... I am going to study your pics and descriptions for the great techniques they contain ;)

Question tho, inside the pod, what did you/how did you space the displays from the surfaces?

Thank You!

3. eatonad

eatonad New Member

To Tintellaarr: I glued copies of the control panels to card stock. I got this card stock from boxes that had originally held other products like band aids and small electronics. It had to be white all the way through. When I glued it I put a book or some other weight on it and left it over night. That way when I was ready to use it the panels were nice and flat. Then using a metal straight edge I cut all the areas that were going to be raised.
  4. jtkirk

jtkirk New Member

this is just a SAWEETTT! model. Well done dude!
    thanks for sharing the pics and techniques:wave:
  5. sgoti

sgoti Member

Some of the photos seem to have disappeared (I get little blue boxes with a "?" in them).

Regardless, me likey! Certainly an off-the-wall display technique... :mrgreen:

6. Cpt.Matt

Cpt.Matt New Member

The very detailed interior is really nice! The film is a class of its own!
  7. Dr. Floyd

Dr. Floyd Member

I'm like a year late on this but your pod looks fantastic. I am beginning an Aries 1B- i'll be finished in like 20 years:mrgreen: