Model of meritorious mention Sulaco 1:430 scale

Z

Zathros

Center of attention? I think it intimidated the Heck out of all those other models!! :)

Marco Scheloske

It got a lot of attention, indeed. Ans I guess it will get even more when it is complete in the future.

Funny sidenote: Most people thought it was build out of plastic sheet and painted with an airbrush!

Next time I will make large prints to put in front of it telling the visitors that it is a cardboard model...

Marco Scheloske

Finally Jan released the last groups, and I can post some progress regarding my build of the SULACO!

In the last days I built the lower level of the "ridge":

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

That's how it looks when it is in place:

IMG_0173.jpg

It is a few millimeters too short (you can see the "step" in the picture above, on the right side), but that is no big deal, I will simply make a little part that fills the gap, like at the end of the bow section.

More pictures soon!

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Looking fantastic, Marco.:thumb:
It must be a good feeling knowing that your are nearing the finishing post.:mrgreen:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Der absolute Wahnsinn! Marco, you are a hero! :thumb:

When do you think will she be complete?

Mathius_gamgee

I am overwhelmed by the skill of some of you guys! Marco, Having just read this whole thread and seen the progress over the last year or so I am so impressed by this build!! It is just incredible how clean and tidy the whole thing looks! and I believe Jan the creator needs a little props too! just... WOW!!! I wouldn't know where to start with a model of this magnitude but seeing this so near to completion has inspired me to try!

lehcyfer

Good Luck Mathius :)
Although I'd make on your place a few simple 'one page' models from the net to get skills honed up first.

Mathius_gamgee

I've made a few before, R2-D2, the serenity firefly class ship, Mewtwo a few simple Disney princesses. But every time you can still see the seams and fold marks. Some parts don't even seem to line up properly. Nothing as impressive or even in the same class as some of the models i've seem on this site.

Need to step up my game before I post any pictures me thinks.

Marco Scheloske

Der absolute Wahnsinn! Marco, you are a hero! :thumb:

When do you think will she be complete?

Thanks! :cool:

I'm not in a hurry, I'm bulding on this model for nearly exactly two years now, so a few weeks more or less won't hurt. I have some other ongoing projects, some of them have fixed finished dates because they are for articles for a magazine - so I guess I will finish the SULACO sometime in March or April 2013.

Marco Scheloske

This project is still alive!

Last weekend I finished the "hunchback". In the next days I will mount the side arms with large magnetic films, and then I will do the final touches by adding the last small parts.

Here are some pictures of my progress:

IMG_0714_zps78393406.jpg

IMG_0715_zps6d96ac8e.jpg

IMG_0717_zps4d8e94c3.jpg

IMG_0716_zpsc3b82ee6.jpg

Group-picture "middle hull plus bow". The engine and side arms are missing because they were not necessary to mount the hunchback parts:

IMG_0712_zps72d5569b.jpg

Marco Scheloske

Final countdown...

These are the last parts:
IMG_0807_zpseed297af.jpg

This is where they belong:
IMG_0810_zps864901c4.jpg

And with these parts this 30 months project is... finished!

Last friday was the "rollout" at our local cardboard modeller meeting:

IMG_0813_zps744137f9.jpg

Here I replaced the background in Photoshop for a better view:

SteuerbordVerlauf_zpsee2d71f8.jpg

I will post some more pictures in the next 1-2 weeks, taken in front of a neutral background. I have to confess that I'm very proud of the model. :cool:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You have every right to be proud of yourself.
This is ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!!!
KUDOS TO YOU ON A FINE JOB WELL DONE!!!