Model of Merit: 1911 Colt Automatic

Discussion in 'Models of Merit' started by Rhaven Blaack, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

CONGRATULATIONS to @silveroxide for making the 1911 Colt Automatic.

This has to be the MOST
    REALISTIC model 1911 Colt Automatic that I have ever seen.
    The display case is a PERFECT FINISH for this project!!!

Tonino, Lighter and Cforrest900 like this.
  2. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

Thanks for making my Colt M-1911 the M.O.M. See the thread for the download site and remember, I used the plans as reference and built it my way. The display case was a box destined for the trash and got recycle into an imitation wooden presentation case. thanks to everyone who looked in and made comments, I know that the beginning did not look too good with all the smudges and rough edges, but I already knew how it would look in the end. the hard part was getting that black to look a bit more metallic. Again thanks for the mention, enjoy and see you all with my next project, possibly the HALO pistol due to my grandsons interest in my making the M-1911.
  3. saqlain1122

saqlain1122 New Member

4. silveroxide

5. ----zathros---

----zathros--- -----SENIOR---- Administrator

Super job Silver!! You could rob a bank with that thing! :)
  6. silveroxide

Or like Dillinger, get out of jail
  7. Chumcicle

Chumcicle New Member

Simply Stunning! I would not have known it was anything but REAL!
  8. THE DC

THE DC Member

But be able to threaten a paper-cut!

Great kit & build...
  9. silveroxide

That was the intention and somehow I came very close to it. Thanks for your comment and for looking in.

Thanks. It is a very nice build if done as originally intended, it is just that I wanted to see how far I could get with it. Only thing missing, are the internal parts and I do have plans for that but too time consuming not to mention that they are flimsy and would have to be made from other sturdier material. thanks for looking in and for your comment.
  10. SylvanKnight

SylvanKnight New Member

Very nicely done. The presentation is what makes it rock!
  11. silveroxide

Thanks for looking in and for your comment. The Display box was an add-on that I decided on. The model by itself is just a model but the display box complements it and shows it off better.