Model Expo's Bachmann kits $3.59!

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by SD90, Jul 25, 2003.

1. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Does anyone have any pictures of kitbashed Bachmann Diesel Maintence facility or car repair shop building? Both kits are on sale at Model Expo for $3.59 each! I'm thinking of getting a bunch of these and making somthing out of them, I just don't know what yet!
  2. MagicMan_841

MagicMan_841 Member

3.59... plus 10$ shipping to Canada... plus 10$ customs/taxs...

23.59 times 1.41 --> 33.29$

3. Johnson Bar

Johnson Bar Member

A close friend of mine has 5 or 6 of those with the intention of adding those to the walthers steel mill structure for a larger complex. $3.59 thats a steel! they are not that bad of a kit I had 2 myself before jumping scales to On3O, some kit bashing and you would have a choice complex! My kits had some warpage but nothing a modeler cannot overcome. For $ 3.59 !
  4. Catt

Catt Guest

I used the HO version to bash my 0n30 3 stall enginehouse.
  5. Johnson Bar

Johnson Bar Member

Hey catt its good to hear from ya! HO really! well mine were N, I do remember a post on that with some pic's !
  6. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

That's too bad on the duties. Wonder what good NAFTA did?

Another cheap building good deal, trainworld has cheap Pola structures in HO for about $3 to $10 and some in N for about $4 to $7. I think Pola's are of reasonable mid-quality. I have several older ones (1970's ish) and they are not bad. Tyco used to resell them.

When I order from trainworld, I keep forgetting to tack a few onto the order so I can strip them for the junk box :mad: :mad: :mad: Have a few model power "3 trackside buildings" kits I got on closeout at hobby lobby for a coupla bucks each for the same purpose.
  7. Benny

Benny Member

I have too many building kits and no layout to speak of...but thatnks for the heads up!
  8. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Actually, they charge $26.99 to get stuff to Canada, that takes care of all the duties, taxes, shipping and brokerage fees. I got 10 GP20's from them about a month ago, and it came to $335 CDN, $33.50 per engine is a good price still, don't you think? You couldn't just order 1 or 2, but I was thinking of gettting 10 of each, and some other stuff at the same time.
  9. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

$3.59 for a structure kit? :eek:
    You can't afford NOT to buy 'em for that!:cool:
  10. MagicMan_841

MagicMan_841 Member

which brings up this question : what will you do with 10 bachmann diesel maintenace kits??? :D :D :D

I hate shopping carts. I order from Wig-Wag Trains and get fast, personal service. and the best prices too.
  11. SD90

SD90 Active Member

I was thinking I'd build them 2 or 3 wide and 2 deep, and with the other ones, maybe make a warehouse of some sort? I don't know, just some ideas!
  12. Johnson Bar

Johnson Bar Member

Majic Man I see you are a Red green Fan as well! Or at least you like one of his quotations ! :D SD90 that sounds like a good plan what kind of industrys does your layout serve or do you model?