Model Expo's Bachmann kits $3.59!

SD90

Does anyone have any pictures of kitbashed Bachmann Diesel Maintence facility or car repair shop building? Both kits are on sale at Model Expo for $3.59 each! I'm thinking of getting a bunch of these and making somthing out of them, I just don't know what yet!

Johnson Bar

A close friend of mine has 5 or 6 of those with the intention of adding those to the walthers steel mill structure for a larger complex. $3.59 thats a steel! they are not that bad of a kit I had 2 myself before jumping scales to On3O, some kit bashing and you would have a choice complex! My kits had some warpage but nothing a modeler cannot overcome. For $ 3.59 !

jon-monon

That's too bad on the duties. Wonder what good NAFTA did?

Another cheap building good deal, trainworld has cheap Pola structures in HO for about $3 to $10 and some in N for about $4 to $7. I think Pola's are of reasonable mid-quality. I have several older ones (1970's ish) and they are not bad. Tyco used to resell them.

When I order from trainworld, I keep forgetting to tack a few onto the order so I can strip them for the junk box :mad: :mad: :mad: Have a few model power "3 trackside buildings" kits I got on closeout at hobby lobby for a coupla bucks each for the same purpose.

SD90

Originally posted by MagicMan_841
3.59... plus 10$ shipping to Canada... plus 10$ customs/taxs...

23.59 times 1.41 --> 33.29$

humm....

Actually, they charge $26.99 to get stuff to Canada, that takes care of all the duties, taxes, shipping and brokerage fees. I got 10 GP20's from them about a month ago, and it came to $335 CDN, $33.50 per engine is a good price still, don't you think? You couldn't just order 1 or 2, but I was thinking of gettting 10 of each, and some other stuff at the same time.

MagicMan_841

which brings up this question : what will you do with 10 bachmann diesel maintenace kits??? :D :D :D

I hate shopping carts. I order from Wig-Wag Trains and get fast, personal service. and the best prices too.

SD90

I was thinking I'd build them 2 or 3 wide and 2 deep, and with the other ones, maybe make a warehouse of some sort? I don't know, just some ideas!

Johnson Bar

Majic Man I see you are a Red green Fan as well! Or at least you like one of his quotations ! :D SD90 that sounds like a good plan what kind of industrys does your layout serve or do you model?