model building table

eve_9d9

Dec 21, 2006
Bowling Green, Ohio
I built this little work table today so I can work on houses, trees and such without being down in the mancave (basement). It holds glue, scissors, my micrometer, triangles, rulers,knives, pencils, and even has a little perch for the glue gun, the work surface doubles as a cutting board. Its very handy, I ought to mass produce them! In fact it worked so well I was able to christen it by building a new house today.....this one went alot faster than the last...going from a drawing on paper to finished in just a few hours....now I just need to build about 100 more.......

Attachments

• modeltable 001.jpg
    modeltable 001.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 8
  • modeltable 002.jpg
    modeltable 002.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 6
  • modeltable 003.jpg
    modeltable 003.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 5

Kevinkrey

Jul 27, 2006
Saint Paul MN.

I think I'll try to come up with something simmilar, Ive wanted to for a while, but this gave me the best ideas for starting. Im sick of trying to find everything, than lug it all around, only to have to find a place for everything.................. Great idea eve, looks very nice also, do you do much woodworking?​

eve_9d9

Dec 21, 2006
Bowling Green, Ohio
Kevin I agree its a pain when you want to do a small job, but dont have the opportunity to be in the workshop, (I built this to use while babysitting lol) dont be too impressed, this thing took me maybe 20 mins to build, just hooked the air nailer, and mitre saw and went to work......I dont do alot of fine woodworking....furniture and such, but I do alot of general construction, and home improvement type stuff....

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
A nice place to work, clean and neat. Check back with us in a few months though and let us see what it looks like. If it's anything like the rest of ours, your bench will be so cluttered you won't be able to find your tool holders..:p :p :p :p

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
A nice place to work, clean and neat. Check back with us in a few months though and let us see what it looks like. If it's anything like the rest of ours, your bench will be so cluttered you won't be able to find your tool holders..:p :p :p :p

I don't know about that Don. One day,Better-Half thought she'd do me a favore, and clean off my cluttered work bench(with about six inches square of work space). She organized my tools, paints, scratchbuilding supplies, and "in-process" projects I had going on.
I couldn't find anything..........

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Great idea, I like the design. We are in the midst of a remodeling job on the house that will include oak butcher block counter tops. I discovered that Ikea's price on solid oak butcher block counter tops is less than it costs my contractor to have them made of laminate! Anyway, I think I'm going to have about 24 inches of oak butcher block left over when the project is complete. I think I just figured out what to do with the left over oak!

Kevinkrey

Jul 27, 2006
Saint Paul MN.
Well, Im waiting to see what others can come up with, eve-9d9 hac a great idea, Im sure we could all build one and adapt it too our own needs, my workbench is strictly for my woodworking, besides, it is always too cluttered and not enough light for modeling, so I figured why dont I give mine legs. Here is what I came up with. It has a shelf and a tray on the side, it is nowhere near as nice as eve's but mine was built all out of twisted scrap wood, and so it needs some shims to sit flat. Not pretty, but I think it will work.

Attachments

• DSCN1291.JPG
    DSCN1291.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN1293.JPG
    DSCN1293.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 3