Model Art P-51 D MUSTANG 375 FS

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by dwgannon, Jul 2, 2005.

1. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

well to meny mistic in 1 model baaaaaaa

its to shity

the model looks very nice but if he have a problem its not for me :(
  2. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Your right, I will send him a post of all the problems that we have encountered so far. Here is my list.

1. Wheel wells have a gap at each end of the wing where they connect.
    2. Missing left white stripe under left wing.
    3. Part 57C 57B are mislabeled. Part numbers should be swapped around.

Here are some close ups of the canopy. I know my intake is wrong so I will wait and see what John comes up with.
  3. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

This is still a good model. If you noticed John had to point out the white stripe. I took pictures and did not notice it. The Wheel wells are an easy fix. Then numbering you find easy to spot when you try to put the part on. It will not fit.
  4. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Actually I'd like to see the paper one as well... I'm looking at different kit's approach to the canopy and how close they get to the shape in the pictures of real P-51Ds.

5. jijo

jijo New Member

Till now there are at leas 3 mistakes in the P51D that I'm responsible for:
    - wings wheel housing
    - Missing one white stripe /shame for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/
    - tight proppeler bearing fit to fuselage.
    The all customers will receive corrected kit, together with service pack that fix these bugs in 24 hours.
    Emil zarkov

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Doc,

Well, dont be too hard on yourself, you still produce some of the most amazing models I have ever seen. Mistakes will happen, its all part of life. Just keep up the great work, your models have brought joy to tons of people all over the world.

Have a nice day,

Greg aka GW
  7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Cool.........I like it when things work out. Thanks Doc.

Ryan.........I've tried to make pictures of the belly scoop and they are VERY out-of-focus. :oops: I ain't given up yet.... but it might take a little longer. I'll also will take some picture of the canopy for you too.

Yaniv.........I too feel the same as Dave.......this is a very good model despite the MINOR problems. Fit, color and scale are very good, and now that the problems that have been found are being fixed it will be a great model worthy of anyone's top shelf.

Dimas.......Hold on till the fixes are out. Give it a test build and then see how you feel then. Hey if the Doc won't give you your money back...heck I will. Since I recomended it I feel responsible for your purchase of this model. This is the third or fourth model of his and I've been please-as-punch with them all, but that's why they make chocolate and vanilla ice-cream, everybody has their own tastes.

Dave.........Your's still looks better :D

8. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Actually the belly scoop would be nice, too, but I'm most interested in the nose intake. Sorry I didn't specify that earlier.

9. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Here are some pictures of the undercarriage and the nose scoops. Now you can see all the mistakes. :oops:
  10. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

BTW: Macro feature on the camera was used.
  11. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Dave thanks for the pic tip.

Here's some of my mistakes.......... :D
  12. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

And one more
  13. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

So John interesting that we would both add the antenna wire. Did you make it out of thread also? And yours looks good also.
  14. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Ahhh... Much more helpful pictures. Even better than the clear canopy version as it's easier to see the style and areas of cuts.

15. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Dave........yeah I thought yours looked great I added it to mine. No it's not thread...........GW will like this........ it monofilament (fishing line). I've used it before (long ago and far far away.......plastic) and have re-visited it again. I like that you can tie a knot that looks like the tenson spring in the real thing.

Ryan......glad to help. It's kinda hard to cover the cuts in paper. :cry:

Dave here is a picture of the fake spring.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy John aka Bow,

Well I am relieved to know that someone else uses monofiliment lol. did you heat it to "tighten it up" abit? I am a firm believer in fishing line for guy wires and antenna, with thread, you can only get it so "tight" between the two points, with fishin line and the heat of a lit cig, you can get it really tightly stretched between the two anchor points.
    However, having used thread on a few occassions, if you can get it "tight" between the two anchor points to begin with, you can coat it with clear fingernail polish, then later if it gets loose, you can heat it with a cig to tighten it, albeit not as much as you could with fishing line.

anyway, have a nice evening, I am heading to bed shortly, stupid hurricane dennis has me working overtime now, i build transformers.....yes, i am the reason your lights go out, now you know who to blame :oops:

Greg aka GW
  17. jijo

jijo New Member

I believe I’ve fixed the problems and correct the P51D kits.
    Tomorrow guys will update the kit and every customer will receive the update personally.
    You can see attached one screenshot “from the kitchen†that represents part of the model’s geometry. Hope it will be in some interest.
    Emil Zarkov
  18. dimas Karabas

dimas Karabas Member

Good job, Dr. Zarkov. Look forward to getting the updated files and maybe a discount on the next purchase?
  19. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Any news on the fixes for the White Knight and SS1?

John John
  20. jijo

jijo New Member

The P51 updates are sent to the
    I’d like to share with you some comments.
    1. No errors in the model’s geometry of the wheels housings – under wing joint. The missing area that can be seen on the pictures posted is covered by the wheel housing covers.
    My admirations to the ?? wife that suppose this. She is right. After finishing the model everything goes on its place.
    But I still concern it as an error because the semi build model looks wrong and mislead.
    This misleads even me as a designer and I was in panic. So I added the missing areas on the wings to fix not geometrical, but psychology problems.
    2. The missing white stripe on the wing is completely up to me. Importing the stripe as dxf file from AutoCAD to CorelDraw 8 together with the sheet frame as a container, I forgot to ungroup the objects before erasing the container :(
    3. Some other modelers reported that the tolerance between fuselage and the propeller bearing is OK, but it is difficult the bearing cylinder to be inserted in the second fuselage former, that fix it in right axial position.
    I found solution of the problem that holds true for the all ModelArt kits that have propellers. Just cut 8 or 12 lines as a 2-4 mm sun rays over the second former bearing hole and the bearing will be inserted without problems, despite the tight tolerance.
    Emil Zarkov