MLL - scratchbuild sceletons

Hello.

Yesterday, I've scratchbuild eight 30' sceletons for my new "Melina's Lake Logging" railroad.

15Sceleton_1.jpg

Most parts are cnc-milled out of 3 or 2mm thick styrene. This parts are the main bars milled out if 3mm styrene.

15Sceleton_2.jpg

I've used 2mm styrene for the bunks.

15Sceleton_3.jpg

The assembling has started. I've used MTL-archbartrucks with couplers, but I've cutted away the couplers and mounted them on the main bar. In center of the mein bar, I've placed a piece of brass to get more wight.

15Sceleton_4.jpg

And here they are. The MTL-sceleton serves as comparison.

Next will be 3 boxcars and my MTL-sceletons will become new bunk's like my sceletons.

ezdays

Out AZ way
That's great that you have a CNC milling machine to do this. Kinda makes the rest of us a bit jealous. :D

Good work, nice results...:thumb::thumb:

shaygetz

ezdays said:
That's great that you have a CNC milling machine to do this. Kinda makes the rest of us a bit jealous. :D

Jealous...JEALOUS...a morose and funky haze of avarice and malcontentment has fallen over the B&MC shop...sigh...and we were so happy when we had a drill press and Dremel tool :rolleyes: ;)

Good morning

ezdays said:
I'm sorry about this :eek:ops:
But take it easy. 10 years ago, I've started with a small handsaw and an old minidrill. To buy this mill, I've spend money over some month and stopped smoking. It's all a question of what you want or like :thumb:

MasonJar said:
Nice work! How about producing some kits?
Hmmmm. Is any one interested in kits?
It would be possible, if the numbers of kits is not to large.

By the way, how about some bunkhouses :rolleyes: