Mixing Gargraves with Atlas track

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by joeymanko, May 24, 2005.

1. joeymanko

joeymanko New Member

I am setting up a smaller O scale layout. I have a ton of Gargraves 37" sections and no curves. I would like to make a layout with a two curved track sections next to each other, however, they must not exceed 42" I was thinking of using Atlas Curves with the transition pieces. Tehy make an 027 and 036. Is this a smart thing to do, and will the trains run smoothly? I have no idea.

Maybe there is an alternative answer to my dilemna? Does anybody know?

Thank you --- Joey Manko [​IMG]
  2. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Welcome to the Gauge. I can't help you with your track qestion, but if you don't get the answer you're looking for here, perhaps it would be better asked in the G forum. If you would like, I'll be more than happy to move it to that fourm for you, since we would prefer that you do not post the same question in more than one forum.

Good luck with your track laying.
  3. joeymanko

joeymanko New Member

Thank You

Thank You, I would love it if you placed this question in another forum. Oh by the way, I am jealous of your license plate. I love Arizona[​IMG] and will be there in JULY!! I would really like to live there!! Get this: I live in BUFFALO! It's still cold outside...................[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  4. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

I've moved it for you. Where are you going to be in Arizona? Right now we're just a bit warmer than normal. It got up over 110 in parts of the state yesterday, although today it's a balmy 105.
  5. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Hi Joey,

The one problem with trying to mix Gargrave and Atlas track is Atlas is solid rail and GG is tube track. I don’t know if they have the same height.

GG does make pre-formed curve track or you can use their flex track and form your own curves.

GG does match up to Lionel – K-Line 027 tube track, both in height and both being tube track. 027 does come in different diameters, such as 27, and 54”

Hope this helps.

6. joeymanko

joeymanko New Member

Track Matching

Dear Spankybird:

You just saved me a lot of trouble. I did have a circle of K-line track. It matches the Gargraves PERFECTLY!!:D Thank You so much. Now I have to see if I can find some more K-line 027. I know that they don't make some of the tracks anymore.

7. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Both of my layouts are 027. K-Line and Lionel 027 are the same. There is planty on the used market at a very low cost.