Mitsubishi Ki-46 III "Dinah"

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by NOBI, Nov 19, 2006.

1. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

This is my next project of Warbirds Series what is counting at number 21 now. No.21 is Reconnaissance aircraft Mitsubishi Ki-46 III "Dinah" 2 Engines aircraft with attractive nose :) Below is picture of model what ready to unfold in Rhino.

2. Sumato

Sumato Member

That looks great, NOBI. What scale will it be in? Also what kind of extras will there be, Cockpit etc... ?
  3. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

A great great model again, Nobi.
  4. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Thank you very much, scale will be in 1/ cockpit or detail much because I want my model easy to build and can finish within 2 or 3 nights :) as my slogan "Easy but Beautiful"
  5. Alcides

Alcides Member

6. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Tonight I finish unfold all parts of Mitsubishi Ki-46 III "Dinah" only connection Strip left and can be testbuild soon. I use 4 pages for all parts of Dinah without connection strip.

7. Alcides

Alcides Member

Sometimes I miss the posibility to build a simple copckit in your models but you are de designer. I think how great looks this model :

But if you have a transparent canopy I think you need something to look through.
  8. Alcides

Alcides Member

What about the color schema? I think this is great:

You can see more info in the thread about the dinah.

9. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Mitsubishi Ki-46 III "Dinah" Update

Today I want to show how wing and engine attach together. Dinah have very big engine so I think picture below is best way to make a look good model with that engine.

10. Alcides

Alcides Member

My only concern with this aproach can be the aligment of wings.
  11. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

If You see in picture you will see some hole in engine and wing's spar on wing. that help you align your wing :)
  12. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Long time with no update. Now I just want to tell that I'm finish all job in Rhino and will export file into Coreldraw to color.

13. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

The tension is building..........Looking good Nobi!

Can't wait to see this one in color!

14. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Just finish testbuild this model. picture is below

15. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Looking good!
  16. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

๋Just finish coloring page 1 of Ki-46 III Dinah but don't know this is correct color or not. anyone can advise?

17. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

18. Wily

Wily Member

nobi -

I won't critique your work in a forum.

You don't know me from Adam, but I am in the graphic arts business and have colored a few kits - if you're having trouble, email me. I'd be happy to help.
  19. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Nice to offer but usually you will want to pm your email addy - there are programs out there that like to spider websites and scrape email address's.... :) unless of course you like spam (the non meat variety of course!) If you have any tips for coloring, a tutorial would be appreciated by many of our budding designers I am sure :)
  20. Wily

Wily Member

cgutzmer -

Thank you for your consideration. You're absolutely right about the email and I was thoughtless to post it.

Kind regards...

As for tips - "vector" art is trickier to detail than "raster" art because tonal information is much harder to represent.

When coloring vector planes, black lines look good on paper, but they're not at all common in real life.

Try coloring the lines a few shades darker or lighter than the background. Also, panel seams tend to look better when indicated with thinner lines than lines that mark a control panel or access panel.