Mitsubishi A5M "Claude"

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cmdrted, Jan 20, 2007.

1. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Completed prop assembly...

Attached Files:

2. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

And installed onto the engine.

Attached Files:

3. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

The kit comes with a few optional parts, the drop tank and 4 bombs. The tank went together no problems, the mounting bar was 2 flat pieces so I took a bit of wire, painted it up, cut off the mounting pieces and installed the tank. It sits nicely a little r of center according to the mounting guides.

Attached Files:

4. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

I built up one of the little bombs, or bomblets, it went together with no problems, pretty straight forward cones and cylinders. I decided not to mount them, but here is one built up.

Attached Files:

5. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Well here she is finished and ready to fly off for a CAP or scout mission. The flight deck needs a little work as does the backdrop but I'm a Doctor Jim ,not a photographer!

Attached Files:

6. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

More views...

Attached Files:

7. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Attached Files:

8. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Topside view...

Attached Files:

9. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

One more...

Attached Files:

10. josve

josve Active Member

All my hats off for you here Ted!!
    very nice work!
    Already looking forward to your next one :)
  11. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

The End!

Close up of the mounting stirrups, The End!

Attached Files:

12. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Thanks Johnny! I have to hand it to Jeremiah at Skyline models, a very well designed kit. The fit was fantastic, any misfits were me and the thumbs, and me not wanting to conform to the designer's planned and tested kit! The subject was excellant as are his other kits. What we don't really need is another Me/Bf 109, or another Spit or anything that was done to death! Jeremiah has a Banshee that is coming to the top of the pile, a Canberra, and soon to have a Grumman Gaurdian, all subjucts not modelled before. Except Kancho's Banshee, but his was 1/50 with no interior. Anyways A for fit and buildability, A for subject and coloring, one or 2 parts were a little 2d but all the other parts were well planned and looked great when finished. Overall score was an A.
  13. Gil

Gil Active Member

Congratulations on one of your very best builds! Skyline is now on my "A" list.

Best regards, -Gil
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Superb build! (as usual) was the tarmac part of the kit?
  15. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Another great build Ted! Interesting subject, and very nicely done!

16. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Excellent model and superb modelling!
    I envy your speed....
  17. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

I had to take a couple of hours from my work time now after my vacation period to read and wonder with this great thread.

Great model, Ted. You made it better.
  18. Clashster

Clashster Member

Another beautiful build! Gotta agree about the different subject matter. And you do it such justice! Thanks for the great thread and information!

19. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thanks for sharing this build with us, Commander!
    A beautiful plane, great pics and masterful craftsmanship all rolled into one!

Well done, sir!

20. barry

barry Active Member

finished plane

Wonderful work Ted so damn clean