Missing xtrkcad file. Help

spinwing

Nov 30, 2007
Newcastle, ON
I have downloaded the xtrkcad program a couple of times. There is supposed to be a file with a basic loco and car inventory included; presumably the one for the screen shot used in the demo. :confused:

Generally, the program works well but I want to check some of the lengths in my classification yard before I go any further.

Can someone, please, post a link to a download of this file or PM a copy to me.

Thanks.

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
Spinwing, i imagine the file you need is copywritten or something. If it is not in your parameter files, you might join the xtrk yahoo group and ask them.

Loren

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
Jan 27, 2007
Paris, ON
How do you know it's missing? What happens when you click on the Train button?

You have to add locos and cars to your inventory - what happens when it asks if you want to use the car inventory dialog?

You may need to add the protoam.xtp parameter file. There are also parameter files for Accurail and Atlas cars and locomotives.

spinwing

Nov 30, 2007
Newcastle, ON
Thanks

protoam.xtc file was missing.

As suggested. I opened one of the many layouts posted on the xtrkcad yahoo group that had a loco and half a dozen box cars and exported the inventory file and imported it to mine. It worked a treat.

I have some cad experience and after working my way through the tutorial, I am finding xtrkcad easy to work with. I still make a few mistakes by hurrying and not remembering which layer I am working on.

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
So Xtrk is working ok for you now?
I agree, once you learn Xtrk it is a great program. And people don't realize that since it is a cad program, you can do more with it then just make track plans. I have used it to design a entertainment center I was going to build.

Loren