Missabe layout progress

Kevinkrey

Well, here are some pics, I added more scenery to the hill area, and some junk to the loco/caboose tracks scene. I spent $43 at the LHS the other day, so I have no money to go back, but I need more scenery supplies. So for now, enjoy these.

Attachments

• DSCN1383.JPG
    DSCN1383.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN1385.JPG
    DSCN1385.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN1386.JPG
    DSCN1386.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN1382.JPG
    DSCN1382.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 6

Kevinkrey

Spent another $34 dollars at the LHS on supplies to make 14 Woodland Scenics trees. Those thinks are expensive if you want to put on a decent amount of folliage and have them look nice. Anyway, I have 14 more trees and on corner of the layout sceniced, other than ballast. Pics to come soon.

Im suprised, no comments on the videos. I should have a better one or two comming.

UP SD40-2

Im suprised, no comments on the videos. I should have a better one or two comming.
Kevin, NICE JOB on the scenery so far!:thumb::mrgreen:
I'm a dial-upper:eek:ops: , so watching Utube just takes to long to load:frowns: , next time i stop at dads I'll check your vids out:thumb: .

:deano: -Deano

Kevinkrey

Thanks for the comments, I really enjoy them. I hope to get one of those taconite train vids done in the sceniced area soon.

Still debating if I want to scratch an ore dock, or buy two kits. There are two on ebay, but going for $200!!!!! No wonder they havent sold yet, maybe the seller will get a clue and lower the price, one was just on for lower than regular store price, but it was in austrailia, shipping was like $60.

The bridge is also really bothering me, I also hope to figure that out soon.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Nice hillside!!! I love the trees too :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

And the caboose track looks great too, i like the wheels on the side, nice detail :thumb: :mrgreen: :cool:

Kevinkrey

Tonight I primed my SD-M, next it will get a coat of maroon. I painted it without the numberboard, because I will dd it later, but I need to track down decals and finish her before March 1st. But I cant give out details till than

Attachments

• DSCN1489.JPG
    DSCN1489.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 8

CRed

Everything looks great Kevin!

Maybe I'll have to get an undecorated PCM SD7 or BLI SD9 and have you do one up for me;).

Chris

sgtcarl

Kevin, your vid are just too cool! I especially enjoyed the N&S rollby! You are building one great looking layout! I enjoy watching your progress reports!
sgtcarl

Kevinkrey

Kevin, your vid are just too cool! I especially enjoyed the N&S rollby! You are building one great looking layout! I enjoy watching your progress reports!
sgtcarl

Unfortunately, the N&S vid is not mine, Youtube just posts it as a similar video. But Thanks, Maybe Ill have to get a N&S loco so i can take a vid just for you!:mrgreen:

Kevinkrey

Ok, dont worry I have not forgot about the thread. I just have been very busy lately and have spent a lot more time on a different forum :eek:. Sorry to say. :cry: Anyway, I have been busy at school, I have gotten my licesnce, I have (been trying for a long time, finally got in and passed on the first time) have been working at a bowling tournement where I have been "stiffed on tips numerous times.

Anyway, I headed into the basemant upalled at the mess I left myself last time I was down there. I only added to the problem tonight but I added a little more scenery and it felt GREAT to be down there again.

Attachments

• DSCN1627.JPG
    DSCN1627.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN1632.JPG
    DSCN1632.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN1633.JPG
    DSCN1633.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN1634.JPG
    DSCN1634.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 9

Kevinkrey

Well I have more bad news about time for trains, I got my new schedule for my third trimester today, and I have MANY classes whic will be heavy on homework, and no study hall. I will be bringing home more homework than I have for a few years. I hope that I can find SOME time to dedicate to trains and my three favorite forums, (this is number 1) to keep from going crazy, I have BIG problems focusing on homework at home. But my two month weekwnd job is ALMOST over, so I will atleast get weekends back.

I hope to add more progress shots VERY soon, so please check in.