Missabe layout progress

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Kevinkrey, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

Only been one day since the last update, but thats a good thing!:cool:
    Here are two videos I made JUST FOR YOU GUYS!!!!:eek: You can see the start I have on scenery. There will be more to add in both scenes, but like I say, its a start.

YouTube - Freight rollby

YouTube - Scenery progress
  2. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

Well, here are some pics, I added more scenery to the hill area, and some junk to the loco/caboose tracks scene. I spent $43 at the LHS the other day, so I have no money to go back, but I need more scenery supplies. So for now, enjoy these.

Attached Files:

3. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

Spent another $34 dollars at the LHS on supplies to make 14 Woodland Scenics trees. Those thinks are expensive if you want to put on a decent amount of folliage and have them look nice. Anyway, I have 14 more trees and on corner of the layout sceniced, other than ballast. Pics to come soon.

Im suprised, no comments on the videos. I should have a better one or two comming.
  4. CRed

CRed Member

Great video Kevin!

Keep up the good work,I'm following your progress.

5. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Kevin, NICE JOB on the scenery so far!:thumb::mrgreen:
    I'm a dial-upper:oops: , so watching Utube just takes to long to load:frowns: , next time i stop at dads I'll check your vids out:thumb: .

:deano: -Deano
  6. electric130

electric130 Member

I enjoyed them. just didn't say anything.
  7. mentor63

mentor63 Member

The freight rollby was especially good. Keep up the good work.
  8. electric130

electric130 Member

9. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

Thanks for the comments, I really enjoy them. I hope to get one of those taconite train vids done in the sceniced area soon.

Still debating if I want to scratch an ore dock, or buy two kits. There are two on ebay, but going for $200!!!!! No wonder they havent sold yet, maybe the seller will get a clue and lower the price, one was just on for lower than regular store price, but it was in austrailia, shipping was like $60.

The bridge is also really bothering me, I also hope to figure that out soon.
  10. zachary

zachary Member

nice work kevin i think your doing a great job on the scenery
  11. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Nice hillside!!! I love the trees too :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

And the caboose track looks great too, i like the wheels on the side, nice detail :thumb: :mrgreen: :cool:
  12. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

More pics from the sceniced corner of the layout.​

Attached Files:

13. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

I haven't looked at this thread for a few days, your really making progress:thumb:

14. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

Tonight I primed my SD-M, next it will get a coat of maroon. I painted it without the numberboard, because I will dd it later, but I need to track down decals and finish her before March 1st. But I cant give out details till than

Attached Files:

15. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

Gonna be nice. Looking forward to seeing the decals on her.

16. CRed

CRed Member

Everything looks great Kevin!

Maybe I'll have to get an undecorated PCM SD7 or BLI SD9 and have you do one up for me;).

17. sgtcarl

sgtcarl Member

Kevin, your vid are just too cool! I especially enjoyed the N&S rollby! You are building one great looking layout! I enjoy watching your progress reports!
  18. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

Unfortunately, the N&S vid is not mine, Youtube just posts it as a similar video. But Thanks, Maybe Ill have to get a N&S loco so i can take a vid just for you!:mrgreen:
  19. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

Ok, dont worry I have not forgot about the thread. I just have been very busy lately and have spent a lot more time on a different forum :eek:. Sorry to say. :cry: Anyway, I have been busy at school, I have gotten my licesnce, I have (been trying for a long time, finally got in and passed on the first time) have been working at a bowling tournement where I have been "stiffed on tips numerous times.

Anyway, I headed into the basemant upalled at the mess I left myself last time I was down there. I only added to the problem tonight but I added a little more scenery and it felt GREAT to be down there again.

Attached Files:

20. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

Well I have more bad news about time for trains, I got my new schedule for my third trimester today, and I have MANY classes whic will be heavy on homework, and no study hall. I will be bringing home more homework than I have for a few years. I hope that I can find SOME time to dedicate to trains and my three favorite forums, (this is number 1) to keep from going crazy, I have BIG problems focusing on homework at home. But my two month weekwnd job is ALMOST over, so I will atleast get weekends back.

I hope to add more progress shots VERY soon, so please check in.