MISS BUDWEISER

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by wayne31806, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayne31806

wayne31806 Member

I bought the boat last year and the boat filled up with water every time i ran it the raido compartment was always wet and it cuts off in the middle of the pond. Is there any way to fix these problems and can you put a bigger engine in it or make it any faster.
  2. ineedanrc

ineedanrc New Member

what do u want for it or r u trading it
  3. Ron Olson

Ron Olson Member

One thing at a time. Get the water in the hull problem fixed first. These boats leak a LOT. Most of the water comes in from between the hull and cowling. Water in the radio box is probably coming in from around the throttle and rudder linkage. Replace the seals with some Bru-Line seals. some water will come in from around the reciever switch, not good either. RCBM had an article on how to fix these probelms. It may be on their web site, www.rcboatmodeler.com
  4. johnjohn_boy

johnjohn_boy New Member

anyone who has owned a 1/8 scale miss bud have any suggestions or tips. i am new to the sport and just bought one.
  5. Ron Olson

Ron Olson Member

Get rid of that stock prop and put a lifting prop on it like an Octura 1400 series to lift the rear up where it should be. This will help to keep the boat from blowing off the water at speed.
  6. johnjohn_boy

johnjohn_boy New Member

cool thanx! i ran the boat this morning at our local lake and had a little trouble getting it to run right. i did find that the elbow that goes into the carb. was busted i had to pull a quick fix and superglue it! i am afraid that i may have restricted the gas flow to the carb. by doing this. have you heard of any problems w/ the engines? it does start right up but it just has a flat spot right about low to mid range where the engine will die.
  7. Ron Olson

Ron Olson Member

You will probably have to adjust the carb a little. They are pre-set at the Factorybut they don't know where the boats are going so you have to adjust it for altitude and weather conditions where you live.
    The Zenoah's are great little engines. They're the choice of most Gas boaters and plenty of aftermarket parts available for it. The engine really won't show it's stuff in that hull so if do ever do trash the boat the engine would work great in another hull.
  8. johnjohn_boy

johnjohn_boy New Member

cool thanx! hey the water that enters the cowling problem can be fixed w/ a little ruber hose. cut it down the middle and epoxy it on. i haven't done it yet but i think i will. just heard that this morning and thought you would like to know. hey the frist time i took miss bud out i lost radio contact and she took off full throttle in a big circle. i finally got radio back and killed the engine. i don't want this to happen again! any ideas? this was at our local lake and maybe someone was on the same channel?(no other r/c boats were there!)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.