Miracle Strip Model RR Club Show 11-13-04

Papa Bear

The Miracle Strip Model RR Club of Shalimar, FL held it's Open House this past Saturday (11-13). They have a nice two-level layout: the HO scale Gulf Coast & Western RR. Gauge regulars Shaygetz and B28_82 are members of this club.

First picture: Bob (Shaygetz) brought his chapel car. He says that if he runs the shay at a scale 12 mph, it takes 57 minutes to travel the entire length of the layout.

2nd picture: The grade crossing at Douglasville has flashers and automatic train detection.

3rd picture: Thomas made frequent appearances to the delight of the younger railfans.

Attachments

• Mvc-008s.jpg
    Mvc-008s.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 194
  • Mvc-014s.jpg
    Mvc-014s.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 191
  • Mvc-012s.jpg
    Mvc-012s.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 192

Papa Bear

Douglasville

The town of Douglasville on the upper deck.

Attachments

• Mvc-011s.jpg
    Mvc-011s.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 188
  • Mvc-032s.jpg
    Mvc-032s.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 189

Papa Bear

An old west town on the upper level and the large wooden trestle on the lower level.

Attachments

• Mvc-028s.jpg
    Mvc-028s.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Mvc-021s.jpg
    Mvc-021s.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 186

Papa Bear

More scenes from the layout.

Attachments

• Mvc-010s.jpg
    Mvc-010s.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Mvc-013s.jpg
    Mvc-013s.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 177
  • Mvc-025s.jpg
    Mvc-025s.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 181

b28_82

Very nice Papa Bear, Its great to see someone else posting something I am used to seeing on a regular basis. If you know what I mean.

Iron Goat

GREAT PHOTO'S, PAPA BEAR ! Thanks for the layout tour. Man, I wish that club would have been there when I was stationed at Hurlburt Field back in the mid to late sixties. Shaygetz's Chapel Car is great... is that his locomotive in the same photo ?

Once again.... thanks for the "look-see".

Bob

shaygetz

Thanks for the pics, Papa Bear, looks like my Chapel car's gonna be permanently coupled to the shay...they really do look good together. Could I add some pics of my own that I took to your thread?

Iron Goat

SHAYGETZ..... Please do post some shots of that Shay (It is B-U-T-Ful)

Bob :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

shaygetz

Thank you, Papa Bear. Jake's (b8-82) ever present NS train of Auto racks heads eastbound out of Nardin yard. McCue City's industrial district is in the background.

Attachments

• club1.jpg
    club1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 40

shaygetz

Tim Ranch's beloved AtSF blue and yellow "Warbonnets" ready themselves for a trip out of South Yard. Meanwhile, my ACL "Florida East Coast Champion" idles in track two awaiting orders to return to New York City.

Attachments

• club2.jpg
    club2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 36

shaygetz

One of the older members breaks in his latest aqusition, eastbound out of South Yard.

Attachments

• club3.jpg
    club3.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 37

shaygetz

The Helix, 7 laps, 1.25% grade, 400 feet of 4 line mainline. at times there were 4 trains running in here at once. Made for some Rolaids moments ;)

Attachments

• club5.jpg
    club5.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 36

shaygetz

Downtown Douglaston. The light is sequenced, I hope to put working brake lights on the approaching cars that would come on as the light goes to yellow.

Attachments

• club9.jpg
    club9.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 34