Mini Models

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gearz, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Darth Windius

Darth Windius Member

Which 3' "Roger Young" please?

Hello Kjev,:wave:

You are speaking of a 3' "Roger Young" (Paper Model?).

Can you tell me where I can find it? Or if it is free, can you e-mail me the files? Thanks in advance...:thumb:

To all: at 1/500, I would like (and maybe build) a 4.5 meter Imperial Star Destroyer :mrgreen:, better (and probably never build) a "Mini" 40 meters Super Star Destroyer "Executor" :mrgreen::mrgreen: with the in-scale Darth Vador:twisted: (I can have my house INSIDE the model, a World Premiere!!!), and the best (and SURELY never build by me) 400 meters Death Star :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

What a huge amount of details we can have, including the lethal trench of Ep. IV !!!!!!!wall1. But what an amount of trees to be destroyed :curse:.

I am joking, not to bother you, but because it's a real innovative Idea. I cannot participate (I am more in "big" models, for the details rendition), but good idea and good luck!!!:thumb::thumb:

2. Kjev

Kjev Member

The 3-Foot Rodger Young was on a thread here about a year or so ago. It takes a full zet of ink cartridges, and about 80+ sheets of paper. Hot4darmat was the primary beta builder. Look up his posts on it. He has a lot of good pictures.

I have a copy. (Now that I realize I don't have the tiny TAC any more). PM me your e-mail address.
  3. Gearz

Gearz Member

An update for the BSG mini model pack.

Thunderchild has developed a great looking 1:450 Shuttle to go with the set, its now included in the pack.

Nice work TC :thumb:

* Had a few problems uploading this file ( timed out several times) wall1
    Could someone just give a quick :thumb: if the file is ok.
  4. hawkman67

hawkman67 Member

Hi Gearz; I was able to D/L it no problem at all.
  5. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Thanks for adding it to your collection Gearz! I think it's better to have them all together.
  6. Gearz

Gearz Member

Good man.. Thanks Jeff :thumb:

No worries TC, :mrgreen:
  7. Gearz

Gearz Member

Space Above and Beyond

A mini-ish Hammer Head is under way. Its surprising, the HH looks like a reasonably simple design, however, the craft's lines proved tricky to nail at a large scale. The engine nacelle's / intakes are identifiable features on the HH, and there seems to be several different configurations between all the CGI, prop ++ versions. Hopefully this version with the larger flared intakes will work on this mini design.

This beta design only has 7 or 8 main parts, although I don't think is going to be a fun build. A test build will soon see....fingers crossed.

The plot so far.

Attached Files:

8. Kjev

Kjev Member

Beta Report 1

5:56 AM

Thus far, it prints nice. More later.:thumb:
  9. hawkman67

hawkman67 Member

Oooh! I likey a lot! can't wait to see it done.
  10. stephen.irl

stephen.irl Member

Great work as usual Gearz. Very nice detail. What size will it the final model be? Looking forward to seeing it :thumb:
  11. Kjev

Kjev Member

Got one finished. Realized I have fat fingers and am waaaay out of practice. Will have time tomorrow night, so I'll give it another shot.

Will PM Gearz with the details. Sorry folks, it's his baby.
  12. Gearz

Gearz Member

Stephen, It should build up to about 1 1/4'' 1 1/2'' in length, I think K'Jev mentioned 1/96 scale there abouts.?

K'Jev.. I doubt it was your work mate, the design isn't anything to be proud of. I have another set of square-ish intakes on standby, they won't look as good, although they'd be MUCH easier to build. I was hoping the curved parts would be ok, but don't persevere if you think their to fiddly.

Attached Files:

13. Kjev

Kjev Member

Oh trust me. I'm waaay out of practice.

Will attempt to get some modeling done this weekend. (My weekends are Sunday through Tuesday.)
  14. tata

tata New Member

Looks VERY NICE