Mini Dowels and other stuff

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade' started by FredZ KSAC, Sep 9, 2006.

1. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

O.K., I made MY trip to Michael's Craft Store this morning, on a quest for small diameter dowels. Did not find exactly what I wanted but did find a package of 250 MiniDowels under the Forster brand. 5/64" dia. x 2 5/8" long [1.984mm dia. x 66.675mm long] They list a web site of on the back of the package. Also, take a look in the candy making section, or in any candy making supply store, for lollipop sticks. They come in all lengths from about 3" on up. Diameter is about 1/8" and they are made of rolled paper. May come in other sizes, I don't know, but I did find these. Looking around Michael's with an open mind leads to all kind of ideas. Well, that is my shopping event for today, now back to cutting paper.
    Fred Z
  2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Fred I know it's off topic ... have you checked out the scale models made out of matchsticks on that site?

3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey I use the paper stick from Q-Tip brand cotton swabs for landing gear struts for my planes................Never though about looking at Michael's for candy making sticks...........Thanks Fred!

Oh......... the Capitol Building made from match stick is AMAZING! Talk about patients!