Millimodel building aid

Millimodels

Mar 26, 2007
Lancaster, UK.
I would be interested in comments on my Millimodel website.

I have tried to design part of it as a progressive construction tutorial for my models, also useful for constructing Micromodels and other small scale card models.

Have a look at www.millimodels.co.uk and see what you think.

My development of future models has been slowed by house moving and it's still not over yet!

Robin Madge

C

cgutzmer

Hi Robin,
Gave it a looksy, keep in mind these are just suggestions and please dont take them personally. I used to own a web design business and this is from a web designer perspective AND from a customer perspective....

the menu shows above part of that banner at the top in both firefox and chrome (dont use IE)

See if its possible to link to a search on ebay for your models - better yet try to embed a search into your website so they show up immediately for click and bid :)

Try to change your formatting so the content lines up down the center of the page instead of down the left.

The changing of text color between black and blue is distracting

The tool pics are GREAT! however if you could click on them to get a bigger view it would be perfect

Make a downloadable instruction set in pdf format - websites dont always print very well :)

Thanks for the link to Zealot :)

The gallery pics should also get larger when clicking on them.

Sorry for all the suggestions - its what I do :)

Overall your site has a very pleasant, clean look and feel. The pages maintain a nice commonality to make navigation easy.

I would also have to suggest working some kind of logo and the site name into the header to drive home the site name to your customers :)

Hope all that helps a bit!
Chris

redhorse

Dec 28, 2007
McKinney, TX
I like the site quite a bit. It would be nice if the pictures were larger and I'd also like to be able to buy kits without going through e-bay.

The models are very cool!