Millennium Falcon vs. TIE interceptor

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by loenf, Apr 28, 2008.

1. loenf

loenf Member

due to the response of my other Star-Wars-Dioramas, here is an other one I build some time ago. Its the escape scene in the asteroid field at episode V

regards Loenf

Attached Files:

2. aaronlam

aaronlam Member

what a beautiful diorama !!

May I ask a silly question: how do you build different fighters in the same diorama with match scale? I suppose the falcon and x-wing all are paper model. We also download several versions for them. But one difficulty is how to adjust the scale so that when putting them together, the visual feeling is match?

3. loenf

loenf Member

At the following link you have the dimensions of nearly all known Spaceships:

After I found the dimensions of Falcon and Tie figter I scaled the Tie down. You have to scale it exactly half size down. So I printed two pages on one sheet of paper. This is a very easy way to scale models down.

regards Loenf
  4. jojopylote

jojopylote New Member

very beautiful
  5. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

very nice! i love these diaromas you do!!
  6. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Excellent, clean build. I like the 'scenes' that members are doing now.
  7. aaronlam

aaronlam Member

Thank you Loenf, such a good link!!!
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Verrrrry nice! Thanks for sharing that with us :)
  9. Very nice! But the MF wasn't chased by TIE Interceptors, was it? :confused:
  10. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

not until ROTJ.
  11. As this is TESB, it is incorrect. But who cares, most people won't even notice. :p
  12. loenf

loenf Member

Yes, right you are! I thought that the scene would be more interesting with two different types of imperial fighter. You are one of the first who noticed that.

regards Loenf
  13. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Yeah, in the asteroids they were chased by the fighters and bombers, not interceptors. Still a nice diorama though. I might try raising or lowering one or two of the models, to put them on different levels.
  14. DHL

DHL Member

15. logicman

logicman Greybeard

DHL: the next time someone asks me the meaning of meiosis, I'll point them your way.:mrgreen:

Grrrrrreat diorama.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise.

16. Werner Smuts

Werner Smuts Member

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Impressive diorama......
  17. palmer

palmer Member

Cool! I really like dioramas (as principal Skinner said: Diorama-rama! My favourite event beside the ear's check of wednsday!)
    I already built the Ties indipendently(half dimensions too!), I miss just the MF now and a huge dose of fantasy and skills!

How do you realized the asteroid? Clay? Impressive!:thumb:
  18. loenf

loenf Member

the asteroid-surface is an compound of tissue and gypsum. The canyon-part in the backround is made of polystyrene cellular plastics and gypsum.

regards loenf
  19. mirec

mirec New Member

Very nice ....:thumb:
  20. Indy500Lee

Indy500Lee Member

Excellent They look great!!!