Milennium Falcon - Video made with model

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by milenio3, May 31, 2006.

1. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I think it was fantastic! Cool build, idea and execution!

Made me smile!:grin:

3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Heh looks good. Was worth the wait for download.

You could also composite it into a couple of SW scenes as well.

4. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

didnt have a sound card when I viewed so I can only comment on the visual.

first part: overview of the ship
    excellent job. camera work, zoom, panning, fade-ins, timing, all as good as any professional job I have seen. Please do post what equipment/software you used to get it done, I have never been able to do such a fine job. Are you using a motorized 2/3 axle tripod? your pans and scans are totally smooth and appropriate. my digital camera won't even let me zoom when the camera is rolling.

second part: flying simulator
    on par with any amateur effort. although the MF was a bit out of focus. If you could work your pan and scan technique into it you'd be perfect. Not overdone, just a slow 10º change over a 10second view, change in zoom of less than 30%.
  5. hpept

hpept Member

Very nice job.
    But john, i think the animation is not a live action: i mean, zooms and pans seem to be made out from stills, and using the panning and zooming capabilities of the sofware. I dare to say he used MoveiMaker, which offers by default very nice tools for animating a little stills slideshows.
    Am i wrong?
  6. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

YOU GOT ME!! Yes, that was my little secret (Movie Maker that is bundled with your Windows 98 and XP software... maybe Mac has something more interesting?).
    The camera I used was an old P-51 Sony Cybershot.
    The movie was from a Hubble Space Telescope NASA's animation.
    The music is from John Williams.
    The video was made with the same camera's movie feature, which BTW is very low pixel definition... and because the movie took so long, I fast forwarded the movie in my computer, so it looked like warp speed... or something. Thanks jleslie48 for your suggestions.
    Thanks for the comments on the build. I'm thinking on building this summer other 3 or 4 more SW spaceships.
    The stills can be seen here:
  7. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

I have movie maker on my windows 98/windows xp? where???

ok I found it: moviemk.exe, what effects did you use?

ok I got the basics, but you seem to be able to better control the panning, moving from left to right,
    duration and speed of the zoom in and out, how do you do that?
  8. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

this is great. I"ve been looking for a tool like this, much better than powerpoint, and far more portable (.wmv) is it possible that you can send me the project bundled up so I can reverse engineer it?