Mig-31 Firefox

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by Stev0, Jul 2, 2006.

1. piginapoke

piginapoke Member

nice model next to the flanker (or is it a MiG?)
  2. dlazarus6660

dlazarus6660 New Member

Is there a download for this model?
  3. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

after a long break, we are going to do a test print of the canard for the 1/72 scale Firefox to check panels lines and part finish

4. dlazarus6660

dlazarus6660 New Member

Can't wait

Can't wait.

How are you doing? You son?

5. olantigh

olantigh New Member

the download section of papermodelers has a version of a mig 31- looks like the one above? and yes i had the same problems with the wings- i requested someone to put it on there and within 3 days had over 250+ downloads- popular model indeed? did anynotice that the main fuselage twisted slightly during construction and any ideas on how to fill those gaps in the wings- ive managed to darken the edges of the intakes and such but where the edges of the wings are the bits where two surfaces meet- well they don't absorb any paint so their edges remain white- which is a bit of a distraction from the main colour of the model- perhaps as future advice to other modellers: print this on out on dark coloured paper? excellent model though!
  6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Actually, it was me who posted it there, my other life. The author lost the file and I had a copy of it. I will have to see if he lets us host it here. It is available at papermodelers though.

I have a very large collection of Sharpie Pens, all colors, specifically for the edge problem. I must admit though, I don't think I have ever painted a paper model.
  7. olantigh

olantigh New Member

I'm not sure if one can get those in england? but i will look out for them-"sharpie" pens? not heard of them before- so i had to invent a way of covering up my mistakes - unless anyone else has a solution? as alot of stuff available in US isn't available and we have to look for something similiar over here- sure that other modellers find they have the same problems...all over the world.
  8. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Posted a pic of the Shapie's and a link in the U.K. for them. They have them with an almost "lead pencil" size point and a larger conical point. I prefer the conical point myself.

Attached Files:

9. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

Hi Nik and gang...it's been a bit, but working on getting the test print done in a week or so when my printer guy gets back in town,then on to printing the whole plane if there are no issues...Nik, the wait is almost over on this...that's the 1/72 scale reference I made a while back...The Fox at 1/72 scale is 10.5" long..I'm thinking the model Nik has provided is more like 1:32 scale at 23.625" long or 15.750" long for 1/48th

10. Janx

Janx Member

Hi Will,

long time no see, Ive only just come back to zealot, thanks to Zathros.

Be great to see the beastie finally taking shape. Let me know how it goes via hotmaiL.

Working on a few of my own projects atm, hopefully get one of them up here soon.
  11. madduc1098

madduc1098 New Member

hi all! i have been looking for this forever!!! so glad i finally found this site
  12. dlazarus6660

dlazarus6660 New Member

Still waiting....

Still waiting for the download?
  13. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I don't understand this post. There is a 10 post minimum if that is what you are referring to.
  14. dlazarus6660

dlazarus6660 New Member

I want to download the MIG-31 Firefox but I won't get it from a Russian site. Too many bugs. I was hoping someone would put it here.
    I don't know what a 10 post minuimim means either.:oops:
    I'm on Paper Modelers and I just found it and got it downloaded.
  15. Zathros

Zathros Guest

It is an updated version by the designer available ONLY here. So, please do not share it, including with papermodelers.com. or anyone else. The designer is a member of that forum and can and will upload it there if he so wishes. Thanks. Scroll down till you see "Firefox". Link to page file is on below:

16. dlazarus6660

dlazarus6660 New Member

Thanks Zathros, I got it.
  17. VFR

VFR Member

Post resume firefox model, my version with paper, resin, bondo
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  18. VFR

VFR Member