Mig-31 Firefox

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by Stev0, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

see sjsquirrel's post
  2. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

any links to the full beta version?

i'll be taking a break from axm's shuttle for a while.

BTW, since we are talking about stealth planes, any improvements over flyin things' F-117 fuselage misift?
  3. Janx

Janx Member

The Firefox is in the TV and Movies download section now. No instructions atm though.

Trying to sort the Supersylph and another project atm, so having a break from this one.
  4. Paladin

Paladin Member

Just wanted to let you know you did a great job on the design. Here are some pix of my completed model. I printed it out at 1/4 the original size to save cardstock, and make it a bit more challenging. It certainly was, especially the rear section with all those rearward defense pods and etc...
    I sprayed the completed model with some clear gloss finish to protect it, and make it look nicer for display. Thats for all you hard work.

Attached Files:

5. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

Looks great!
    lol hit it with another coat of gloss. the original filming mini is super shiny...many many coats of gloss coat tinged different shades is how they varied the panels
    Ps.Sorry bout the clarity of the pics, this is from a home video taken at the location of the filming miniature. Background was removed to comply with any and all NDA

Attached Files:

• A.jpg
      File size:
      96.9 KB
    • B.jpg
      File size:
      75.7 KB
  6. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

:eek: wow! who needs to buy an expensive garage kit when you can have that!
  7. Paladin

Paladin Member

I took your advice Wbnemo, and gave it a couple more coats of gloss coating. Looking very shiny now, and a slight bit heavier.
  8. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

cool, where in Florida are you located, we might be able to meet and I could show you my wing tip from the film...It a neat prop piece of mine. and a few other tidbits Firefox wise I posess...
  9. Janx

Janx Member

I am humbled by how well you made it paladin.Thanks for the kind words.

I would take will up on his offer, what he doesn't know about this isn't worth knowing.

I am still on the case Will if you thought I was slacking :) just not enough time..
  10. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

thanks Nik, great to hear...was looking at everything...seems to be on da money so far

So can we hook up today
  11. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

is it in the DL section already?
  12. gian7675

gian7675 Member

Sir, I was just wondering, you also have information regarding the internal weapons bay of the Firefox yes?

My only reference pic of this was the short clip when the Firefo fired a missile and a site in the past(that I can't find anymore) showing a snapshot of the internal weapons bay of the Firefo.

Is it possible if you can post detailed info pics of the said weapons bay? :mrgreen:

It would be cool! :thumb:

Yup, it's in the Download section already
  13. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

here's a screen cap and my cad

Attached Files:

14. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

...Is that done by a 3d printer or a lathe? Either way it looks impressive!
  15. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

Rapid prototype machine huh???
  16. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

did it on with a laser cutter
  17. matt512s

matt512s New Member

HELP! Can not download

Hi All;
    My computer can't handle the format in the downloads section. Is
    there any way the model can be converted to a pdf file?
    Best Wishes
  18. Selezen

Selezen Member

Yeah, but it wouldn't be nearly as good quality when you print it out.

Download a program called Pepakura Viewer to view it and print it.
  19. Janx

Janx Member

I deliberately put this up in PDO format please don't modify it to anything else.
  20. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I think modifying in order to make it print is fine, as long as the modified file isn't being shared in any way... just a thought, no offence intended.

(P: Oh well, Location: Oxon? Shakes hands...)