Mig-31 Firefox

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by Stev0, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

not bad, not bad at all....
  2. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Very nice indeed. keep up the good work Janx, this will look really nice sitting next to Claudio and Skip's X-Jet :thumb:
  3. Averjoe

Averjoe New Member

Looking really nice Janx. Thank you very much for doing it. I've always wanted a model of Firefox, but the resin ones are WAY too expensive. Now I can have one that looks great AND doesn't break my bank account. LOL
  4. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

Sad news

I'll let you all read for yourself, but WBNemo has had a terribly tragic holliday season

The RPF
    (this link may require membership, which is not always available...)

if so here is a quote of the post concerned

One of our own faces family tragedy!
    I have held off posting about this to make sure what I say is OK with the person involved. One of our own, talented modelmaker Will Babington -- Nautilus guru and resident Firefox expert (aka WbNemo1) -- is going through an unbelievable family tragedy. Please give him your prayers and support as we start off this new year.

Last April, Will lost his Dad. Then, just before Christmas, tragedy struck again, but this time it was even worse. It turns out Will has an autistic son who has been under the care of Will's mother (the boy's Grandmother) in another city. Just before Christmas, 2007, the boy was brutally attacked and stabbed in both eyes!

This unbelievable story has been on the local and national news. It's all the more unreal when you find out it happened to one of our own. I will link to a story here where you can read more information. Most importantly, a fund has been set up to help the Babington's in this terrible time of need.

I know Will has taken a leave of absence from work to deal with this situation and I can't even imagine what they must be going through. If you feel it in your heart to help, please consider contributing to this fund that will help the Babingtons cope with medical expenses and special care needs for their son.

A special fund has been set up by The Association for Retarded Citizens -- a national organization with a Broward County branch -- for Edward "Alex" Babington through SunTrust Bank. "There's been so much interest in this case, people asking how they could help the family, that we figured this was the best way to go about it," said Sean Conway, the family's lawyer, who helped establish the fund. Money raised will go toward Alex's medical treatments. Anyone interested in donating to the trust fund for Alex can call the ARC at (305) 759-8500.
    Story here:

5. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

I knew. I spoke to Will shortly before Christmas. It's an unbelievable story, you never expect things like this to happen to your friends or family.

Though, have you checked that he wants this being made public knowledge? You know him far better than I do Dan.I was just wondering what I'd be like in a smilar situation.
  6. Janx

Janx Member

I too spoke to him before Christmas and can't even imagine being in that situation.

Will and his family have been incredibly strong during this horrific event, he has my admiration and my best wishes.
  7. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

Hi gang,
    Just wanted to drop a reply to thank everyone for their prayers and thoughts. This is really very frustrating, anguishing, and painful to say the least. I can't get into details suffice to say I had no inkling my sister was remotely capable of such an act. Alex is doing well considering, but only has partial(too soon to tell how much) vision in his right eye. this is even more maddening considering I have been legally blind in my left eye since I was six do to a accident in Keywest Fl. I don't think I'll ever know why this happened.Anway, thanks again for all the support, we really need and appreciate it.
    Sincerely and God Bless all
  8. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

No need to thank us buddy. :)

As you know, I've not really known what to say to you about all this. But I can say you'll continue to have my prayers and well wishes.
  9. Janx

Janx Member

Just rebuilding the model with a few modifications, the small parts are just too fiddly for my fat fingers, so will have to find a way of simplifying them or ignoring them ( or just build a 1/33rd version :D)

The rear exhaust inserts are too small, so they have to be changed. I cant face the 6 little engines yet and the intake splitter plates are being simplified. The rear tail cone and rear radar are also too complex for the scale, I really must resist the urge to put every thing in.... on saying that I have put under carriage bays and missile bays on the new one...
  10. tazman3

tazman3 Model Designer Wannabe

I vote for the 1/33 version...I have fat fingers as well...sign1

Seriously, why do most models in paper have the 1/33 designation, and in plastics, it is either 1/32 or 1/35...?

Is it simply a matter of "well, it is 1/3rd the size"...easy math...:eek::cry:

11. Selezen

Selezen Member

Janx, you are doing one hell of a job! I bend my knee in supplication!

Any more progress on the new version? I'm champing at the bit after reading the last 6 pages!

I've been a Firefox nut for years - ever since the film came out, in fact. I'm planning a round-the-world trip in a MiG-31 (in FS2004), and a paper model to build would be perfect to while away the cruising time. :)
  12. Janx

Janx Member

Just simplified the tiny parts to make them easier to build in this scale, just trying to build the enthusiasm to layout the parts and correct the instructions atm.

May do a 1/48th version to allow the undercarriage bays and missiles to be built but it looks like there are too many other models in the planning to do that just yet.

I'll endeavour to get them done by Feb 1st and post the result.
  13. 3Turner

3Turner Member

Impressive Firefox model Janx. I am sitting on pins and needles waiting for this one. Thanks for the hard work in making this one a reality.
  14. Janx

Janx Member

Pepakura model done, passed onto beta guys first but will see about getting it posted (no instructions yet) on downloads next weekend.
  15. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

speaking of x-70, is there one out now?
  16. Janx

Janx Member

Lol Funnily enough I did one whilst messing about with this 1.

As usual not completed the development yet and not built it.

Attached Files:

17. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

I think there are already 2 models of the XB-70 that are floating on the 'net...
  18. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

XB70 here...

There's a simple but reasonably effective one here:

Don't know of any other free ones, but there are kits you can purchase out there. I bought one last year, but of course it's still sitting on a shelf with a stack of others.

19. Janx

Janx Member

I have the little boxy one on a shelf, inspired me to do this 1. If I get time and inspiration again I'll sort it if any one wants it.

BTW did you notice the XB47 instead of XB70 on the stand? corrected...
  20. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

pards, links to them?

are they good?