Mig-31 Firefox

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by Stev0, Jul 2, 2006.

1. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i also like a copy :)

never gut 1 :(
  2. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

ohh something I can relate to finally, though it's not a paper model..wonder how they did on it..I've got an on going build of masters for a 1/32 scale replica, but based on the 1/12 th scale filming miniature...I'd love to see this paper model as well, perehaps lend some information for changing accuracy as well
  3. Paladin

Paladin Member

I have a copy given to me by someone else. If it is the same model, it isn't very detailed, and has some problems, like the engines not being the same size. I have however been working on improving the model, and have almost completely revised the original. I will get it to one of the moderators when I done. I just have to build it again to see if the model is correct to the movie version.
  4. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

very cool here's is my Firefox build so far..actually it's beyond this stage...bot the bottom half molded
    the model progress was originally mentioned on the ThinkinRussian.org webpage

5. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

I have a version of the old smartgroup's Firefox downloaded on my harddrive.
    If it's allowed I'll upload it to the downloads section.
  6. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

Welcome Will! i was just about to email you and see if I could post here that and the other images you sent me of your model! sign1
  7. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

sure can.......... go for it
  8. Janx

Janx Member

I have one I designed myself, but tbh because I couldn't sort out the internal support structure I gave up on it. If you have no luck getting the other version, which is probably better, I could have another go at it.

Attached Files:

9. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

The problem I experienced withthe version I have was that I could not get the parts to match up. The fuselage and cockpit went together well, but I couldn't get the wings built, nor could I get the wings to marry up with the fuselae....so I gave up on it. Janx...your version looks really nice....would it go together well without any internal support?
  10. Janx

Janx Member

No Idea Doc, you are more than welcome to try. It was done a few years ago, I'll have a mess about with it and post it here.

Be back asap.
  11. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I'm seriously considering making this into one of my "cheapo" models now. I started building the other version (after duplicating and flipping one of the intakes), but couldn't really get into it. I assume thinkrussian.org has plent of 4-view line drawings I could work from if I decided to, right?
  12. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Cool. I liked this jet too as a kid. Janx' model looks good too.
  13. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

well I provided Kurt(thinkinrussian.org) the drawings he made the illistration from. Those were my 5 view drawings. This was an early version, when I didnt have much reference on the miniature. The nose area was off yet again, so this area had to be reworked. I'd also come up with the recessed panel line placement using a few photographs. This arrangement turned out to be for the stunt miniature. the hero miniature is much busier in the recessed panel department....take a look at a piece of my reference material on this to show what I mean.... This is the 1/12 scale Hero filming miniature.

14. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Could you perhaps give me the original 5-view drawing?
  15. Janx

Janx Member

I'd pull of an arm to decent drawings of the Firefox :) which arm would you like? As for the paper model it really isn't in a form suitable for others to try an attempt, so I am reworking now. Sorry about the delay.
  16. Janx

Janx Member

Right after loosing 21/2 hours work due to a crash and me not saving it (doh), I'm back to this stage of having all the parts of the model. I don't have a working printer at home atm so can't print off an alpha model to try, have to wait for Monday :( any advice on the layout would be appreciated though.

Attached Files:

17. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

that looks pretty cool!
  18. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Your model looks more accurate that the one I already have, this Is one aircraft model I want very much.

Tom :thumb:
  19. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

Hey there Tom, It's Will...how ya been...I think I'm about to do something I thought ?I'd never do...and trust me , you'll be exstatic...sp?..
  20. charliec

charliec Active Member

I worked through moving most of the smartgroups downloads - the Firefox was one model that I couldn't contact the designer to get permission to rehost the model. Without that permission, at minimum you'll get beaten up by those who are sensitive about copyrights. I got a hard time from some people by including the author's rehost permission in the model files rather than on the forum pages.....