MIG-21F in progress

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by NOBI, Mar 30, 2007.

1. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

New subject from Thaipaperwork... MIG-21F in 1/48 scale. Mesh is done in Rhino. more progress soon.

2. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

NOBI, you have momentum, my friend.

Thank you!
  3. airbob

airbob Member

Excellent selection....a wonderful little fighter.....Please do it with the "red star" logo and the wonderful "red number" designators.....:rofl: ....Bob out...
  4. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Great choice! Will you be including armament?
  5. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Nobi, you are tireless!
    Excellent choice, looking forward to more as you go along, as usual...any thoughts on the livery colors? Perhaps a camo scheme?
  6. cbg

cbg Member

Мое любимейшее МиГ!

My favorite MiG! Thanks for doing this one, Nobi. cbg

7. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I just watched an episode of "Dog Fights" on The History Channel featuring these jets versus (I think) the F85 (or F86) Sabres in Vietnam (I think. I might be slightly off) This should be an excellent model!!!

BTW, anyone else watch that show? Great inspiration for building, and a nice history lesson ...
  8. Alcides

Alcides Member

Great !!! Please NOBI one camo schema, please !!!

Maybe this:

9. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

@CBG and Alcide Profile you give me is MIG-21bis but my design is MIG-21F early version of MIG-21 :) follow link below to see MIG-21F's profile

and below is picture to see my mesh compare with drawing

10. Huey

Huey Member

another great design from you, as always. Why not a MIG in AF markings hehehe. They do have several of these hanging in front of their airports and a lot of them rotting away in the airfields. the ones that i see here are mostly in camo colors. by the way, i hope i can swing by Bangkok for a little R&R sometime this year if all things pushes through.
  11. cbg

cbg Member

MiG-21bis vs.F

I confess I don't know the difference between the two. . .could you enlighted us? Thanks.

12. Texman

Texman Guest

The primary differences in the Mig-21 family are in the spine area. The -F had very little spine, the -PF had a larger bulge just behind the canopy. The PFM added a parachute housing, and then the -bis had the full length bulged spine. Then, there is the way the canopy opened. On the early machines, it opened forward, then later it went to a side hinge opening. And, not to forget, there is the Lancer, 21-93, and the SMT, one I would personally love to see you do Nobi.

Not that I know anything about the Mig

13. kooklik

kooklik Member

This's one of my favorite Mig.
  14. Alcides

Alcides Member

:oops: Yes, Noby you are right. I don't have to put answers late in the night :cry:.
  15. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

16. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Slow Progress :) today see how panelline add into surface... unfold next

17. Alcides

Alcides Member

Slow !!! :shock: NOBI if your work is slow I'm an snail :cry:

I was working now for 3 months in a mesh in Rhino. Yes I'm learning but it's a lot of time anyway.
  18. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

lol if u are slow after nobi say is work slow so i am a turtle

out stending job my friend (sone my c47 will look like this )
  19. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

OK...unfold nearly finish only droptank and missile left...below is result :)

20. Alcides

Alcides Member

Any hint about the color ?