Midland Model RR Show pix

spitfire

Hi folks. I took a little drive north of the city to see the Midland model RR show and meet a fellow Gauger - Will Annand. Here's his smiling face - caught a little out of focus and rather candidly.

Attachments

• will.jpg
    will.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 180

spitfire

Will showed me around the layout, which is a modified NTRAK. Here's a Canadian landmark - Tim Horton's donuts, with a full complement of police cars parked outside!

Attachments

• hortons.jpg
    hortons.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 179

spitfire

This one's for Sumpter and Bill. The number on the stack is reversed because you can only see the tug in a mirror.

Attachments

• P1010039.JPG
    P1010039.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 176

spitfire

I have lots more pix, but I think that's enough for now. This last one shows some wooden HO model engines. The scraps you see are the fixin's for another engine.

Hope you enjoyed the show as much as I did!

Val

Attachments

• P1010062.JPG
    P1010062.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 175

Will_annand

Thanks for the pictures Val. It was a pleasure meeting you today and chatting about our combined layouts. Reminiscing about Toronto was a pleasure. Even though I live in Huntsville and love it, I was a Toronto boy once. :eek:

The show was great, there was about 10 club layouts from N, Ho, O to G. Also a full carnival, Lego Train and Circus Train, Parade and bigtop.

Here is a shot of the Midland N scale layout. They have a British theme, note the fox hunt.

Attachments

• Midland-04.jpg
    Midland-04.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 175

urbancowboy

Hey spitfire,

Thanks for posting the pictures of the Midland Model Railroad Show. I was there today (May 15) and it was awesome! The layouts were really great. My friend took digital pics but hasn't posted them yet on his website.

Some of the frieght cars I saw today are ones I would eventually like to collect. I never really knew how small N scale was until you get right up close. I still prefer HO scale but my friend might start an N scale layout.

Thanks again for the pictures!
Matt (aka urbancowboy)

P.S. Spitfire did you get any pictures with some CN locomotives? If so I would love to get them from yeah

interurban

Did I miss something

Hi Val thanks for all the pics,, I love to see myself there, er but was I????
I think you fast fingered the attachments ,, you fast cat you :D

spitfire

Sorry Urban Cowboy - I didn't get any good locomotive pix. All the trains were moving and the light was bad. Even with flash, most of the train shots are too blurry to be of any use.

Val

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
I never really knew how small N scale was until you get right up close.
I never really knew how BIG N scale was until I decided to model a shipyard scene on a 2' X 4' module! Space got used up in a hurry!!!
Val,
Thanks for the tug shot! I'd suggest, to the owner, that a different number be put on the back side of the stack, reversed, so it would appear as though there were two different tugs.
Pete

spitfire

sumpter250 said:
I never really knew how BIG N scale was until I decided to model a shipyard scene on a 2' X 4' module! Space got used up in a hurry!!!
Val,
Thanks for the tug shot! I'd suggest, to the owner, that a different number be put on the back side of the stack, reversed, so it would appear as though there were two different tugs.
Pete

Yes, I thought of that too, but not until I got home and saw the photo, by which time it was too late to say anything, heheh.

Glad you like the tug Pete! As far as how big N is, I thought going from HO to N I would be magically granted double the room - funny how soon it gets eaten up. I thought I could do the great pyramid but it would have had to extend 3 inches over the side of my module!!!! Still in the planning stages.......oh brother!

Val