Mid 70's UP Roll-by

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by UP SD40-2, May 29, 2007.

1. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Thats right folks, Union Pacific's "Rock Valley Sub" IS back in action!:eeki: :up:
    My NEW layout is so far from finished, it isn't funny:oops: , but i have a couple areas close enough to take some shots off of:smilie: . A couple "firsts" on this roll-by, 1- this is the first time i have posted pics from the NEW gallery here:up: , and 2- this is the VERY FIRST roll-by that i have used a caboose:eeki: (don't ya love the 70's:mrgreen: ).

ON WITH THE SHOW:smilie:
    Here are some shots with two of Rock Valley Sub's engines running a local through the outskirts of town:winki: . GP30 on the point, followed by a GP35:thumb: , hope you enjoy the show:smilie: -Deano
  2. darkcurves

darkcurves Member

Whoa, that's so cool.
  3. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

Nice, well focused photo's.
  4. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Far Out Man! Right On!....well done Deano! Thanks for the really cool rollby...the 70s was cool.
  5. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Nice run-by Dean, and nice weathering on those cars.:thumb: I also like that first car in line at the crossing, with a trunk lid big enough to land a helicopter on! :thumb: :thumb: :mrgreen:
  6. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

darkcurves, Jim, Mark and Wayne, THANK YOU!:smilie: , For the complements:mrgreen: .
    Wayne, the first car at the crossing is a Ford Custom 500:up: , the car behind it is one of MY favorites, a 63 T-bird:winki: :mrgreen: .
    THANKS GUYS!:mrgreen: -Deano
  7. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Fantastic roll by, Deano. Great weathering jobs, I especially like the Greenbay & Western car. I won’t say these 70s cars like your Ford Custom 500 are beautiful, but there is something about them you gotta like... :mrgreen:

While I was looking for WSOR pics on RailPictures yesterday, I found two pics of your wig-wags (I think they are the same). Some of them are still standing in Baraboo WI.
    RailPictures.Net Photo » Wisconsin & Southern EMD GP38
    RailPictures.Net Photo » N/A Wig Wag Crossing Signal
  8. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

great roll bye deano,but i have a question...where the disco ball!?!? sign1 --josh
  9. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Really nice work Deano. That signal looks great too. Love those white walls on that Ford.
  10. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Nicely done Dean! Great looking rolling stock. I like the way the autos arrive in subsequent photos to reinforce the sense of time passing by.
  11. brakie

brakie Active Member

Nicely done Deano! Thanks for sharing.:thumb:
  12. Scoobie

Scoobie Member

Deano, those are some great pics. Can't wait to see more. :thumb:
  13. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Sweet!!!:thumb: :thumb:

Great run-by!
  14. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

Great run-by. Nice weathering on the freights. I liked the autos also. I used to drive a '60 Ford "bullet nose" with the big hood and trunk.:smile: :smile: Good memories. I like the signal also. Did you build that?
  15. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

Great roll-by!:thumb: :thumb:
    Seeing how awesome this area of the layout is.....I can't wait to see the rest of it!!!!
    GREAT JOB!!!!!!
    (loved the NP boxcar):winker:
  16. Uintah Dave

Uintah Dave Member

Nice roll by Deano!!!!!!!
  17. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

WOW!!!:eeki: i CANT believe ALL the GREAT RESPONSES YOU FOLKS HAVE WROTE IN!!!:eeki: :mrgreen: THANK YOU SO MUCH!:smilie: the section i took the pics in IS NOT even finished:oops: , i still have to put in shrubs, weeds, telephone poles, streetlights, weather the road and redo the top of the wig wag:oops: . after looking at the pics Kurt sent, i see the upper part of the wig wag is WAY TO THICK:oops: , a good friend of mine PMed me a GREAT way to fix it, so i am going to redo it:up: .

Kurt, THANK YOU for the links to the pics:smilie: .

STEVE!, GLAD to see you back!:mrgreen: THANK YOU!:smilie:

Josh, Herc, Ralph, Larry, Scoobie, Tom, David, and Dave, REALLY, THANK YOU GUYS!:smilie: , you are ALL VERY KIND:smilie: .

**i think this is the 3rd Roll-by i have done, i don't do many, but NEXT TIME I'll have the layout a little more complete:winki: . THANKS!:mrgreen: -Deano
  18. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

AWESOME Roll-By Deano!!!!!

I love the GBW and Green Thrall All Door Boxcars, those were my favs!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: