Mid 70's UP Roll-by

UP SD40-2

Thats right folks, Union Pacific's "Rock Valley Sub" IS back in action!:eeki: :up:
My NEW layout is so far from finished, it isn't funny:eek:ops: , but i have a couple areas close enough to take some shots off of:smilie: . A couple "firsts" on this roll-by, 1- this is the first time i have posted pics from the NEW gallery here:up: , and 2- this is the VERY FIRST roll-by that i have used a caboose:eeki: (don't ya love the 70's:mrgreen: ).

ON WITH THE SHOW:smilie:
Here are some shots with two of Rock Valley Sub's engines running a local through the outskirts of town:winki: . GP30 on the point, followed by a GP35:thumb: , hope you enjoy the show:smilie: -Deano
75_1.JPG

75_2.JPG

75_3.JPG

75_4.JPG

75_5.JPG

75_6.JPG

75_7.JPG

75_8.JPG

75_9.JPG

75_10.JPG

75_11.JPG

doctorwayne

Nice run-by Dean, and nice weathering on those cars.:thumb: I also like that first car in line at the crossing, with a trunk lid big enough to land a helicopter on! :thumb: :thumb: :mrgreen:

UP SD40-2

Nice run-by Dean, and nice weathering on those cars.:thumb: I also like that first car in line at the crossing, with a trunk lid big enough to land a helicopter on! :thumb: :thumb: :mrgreen:
darkcurves, Jim, Mark and Wayne, THANK YOU!:smilie: , For the complements:mrgreen: .
Wayne, the first car at the crossing is a Ford Custom 500:up: , the car behind it is one of MY favorites, a 63 T-bird:winki: :mrgreen: .
THANKS GUYS!:mrgreen: -Deano

cnw1961

Fantastic roll by, Deano. Great weathering jobs, I especially like the Greenbay & Western car. I won’t say these 70s cars like your Ford Custom 500 are beautiful, but there is something about them you gotta like... :mrgreen:

While I was looking for WSOR pics on RailPictures yesterday, I found two pics of your wig-wags (I think they are the same). Some of them are still standing in Baraboo WI.
RailPictures.Net Photo » Wisconsin & Southern EMD GP38
RailPictures.Net Photo » N/A Wig Wag Crossing Signal

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Nicely done Dean! Great looking rolling stock. I like the way the autos arrive in subsequent photos to reinforce the sense of time passing by.
Ralph

davidstrains

Great run-by. Nice weathering on the freights. I liked the autos also. I used to drive a '60 Ford "bullet nose" with the big hood and trunk.:smile: :smile: Good memories. I like the signal also. Did you build that?

Nazgul

Deano!!!.....
Great roll-by!:thumb: :thumb:
Seeing how awesome this area of the layout is.....I can't wait to see the rest of it!!!!
GREAT JOB!!!!!!
(loved the NP boxcar):winker:

UP SD40-2

WOW!!!:eeki: i CANT believe ALL the GREAT RESPONSES YOU FOLKS HAVE WROTE IN!!!:eeki: :mrgreen: THANK YOU SO MUCH!:smilie: the section i took the pics in IS NOT even finished:eek:ops: , i still have to put in shrubs, weeds, telephone poles, streetlights, weather the road and redo the top of the wig wag:eek:ops: . after looking at the pics Kurt sent, i see the upper part of the wig wag is WAY TO THICK:eek:ops: , a good friend of mine PMed me a GREAT way to fix it, so i am going to redo it:up: .

Kurt, THANK YOU for the links to the pics:smilie: .

STEVE!, GLAD to see you back!:mrgreen: THANK YOU!:smilie:

Josh, Herc, Ralph, Larry, Scoobie, Tom, David, and Dave, REALLY, THANK YOU GUYS!:smilie: , you are ALL VERY KIND:smilie: .

**i think this is the 3rd Roll-by i have done, i don't do many, but NEXT TIME I'll have the layout a little more complete:winki: . THANKS!:mrgreen: -Deano

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
AWESOME Roll-By Deano!!!!!

I love the GBW and Green Thrall All Door Boxcars, those were my favs!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: