Microsurgery anyone?

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Zman, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Zman

Zman Member

Here's a MicronArt model of an 1896 Oldsmobile Runabout - the first mass produced automobile in the United States.

1. The size of the pieces (N scale by the way):

2. The model, as it stands so far. I still have a lot of work to do on it. (I had to buy some watchmakers tools.)

3. It's going to look great in an era wherein horsepower was mainly provided by horses!

2. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Frankly, I'm amazed! Nice work on this little jewel.
  3. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

You're going to have to get a LPB to walk along in front of it with a red flag so that it doesn't frighten the horses. :D :D :D :D
  4. nachoman

nachoman Guest

you are insane. ;)

nice work, though!

5. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Cool....... :D

Did you solder it together, or use something else? Does Micronart make HO scale vehicles? Web site?

6. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

That is soooo coooool.:cool::cool: That would even work on a "today" layout sitting in front of a museum or auto dealer as a display.

That has had to be a real bugger to assemble. You've go a lot more patience than I do.:thumb:
  7. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Now that is delicate work. What watchmaker tools did you get?
  8. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Member

Great job!

Maybe I'll expand my operating era a decade or so and open the first dealership west of the Mississippi. Can I order a dozen in various colors?

(And here I thought the pieces on my HO scale Budweiser beer wagon were small).
  9. zedob

zedob Member

I hope he bought some loupes. I can't see how anybody could even attempt something that small without magnification.

Nice job
  10. Zman

Zman Member

I have a loupe that fits over glasses, so that it's hands-free. The tools I used are mostly two very very tiny tweezers. The glue is ordinary super glue, but the model has fallen apart several times in my hands, mostly because the assembly order in the instructions is not well thought-out.
  11. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

[size=-9]WOW!!! Too Cool!!![/size]

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

That's amazing!!!!
  12. Zman

Zman Member

Sorry, but a friend of mine wanted to see these pics.

(And she's a woman that loves model trains. Shhhhhhh......)
  13. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Ask her to join too! :D :D :D We need someone to keep us in line here :) It's too big a job for Val alone.. :eek:

uhhh Hi Val... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
  14. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

And I thought Jordans were a bear... :thumb:
  15. KCS

KCS Member

Nice work. Now that makes me think. Where is there a watch shop around here because I've never even heard of one around here. I know jewelers have some small tools but I'd like to find some smaller tools for detailing. If you can do that with those tools then I know I can use them.
  16. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

Try American Science and Surplus. They have all kinds of tools and gadgets that are useful around any hobby, but particularly ours. They have a huge array of stuff, some of it even they don't know what it is, but their descriptions give as much information as they can. They have a good return policy too, which helps if what you get isn't quite right.
  17. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Excellent job Zman. :thumb:
    I gotta get me one of those new fangled horseless carriages, I hear they are all the rage. :D