Microsurgery anyone?

Here's a MicronArt model of an 1896 Oldsmobile Runabout - the first mass produced automobile in the United States.

1. The size of the pieces (N scale by the way):

olds1.JPEG

2. The model, as it stands so far. I still have a lot of work to do on it. (I had to buy some watchmakers tools.)

olds2.JPEG

3. It's going to look great in an era wherein horsepower was mainly provided by horses!

olds3.JPEG

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
That is soooo coooool.:cool::cool: That would even work on a "today" layout sitting in front of a museum or auto dealer as a display.

That has had to be a real bugger to assemble. You've go a lot more patience than I do.:thumb:

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
Great job!

Maybe I'll expand my operating era a decade or so and open the first dealership west of the Mississippi. Can I order a dozen in various colors?

(And here I thought the pieces on my HO scale Budweiser beer wagon were small).
Doc

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
Matthyro said:
Now that is delicate work. What watchmaker tools did you get?

I hope he bought some loupes. I can't see how anybody could even attempt something that small without magnification.

Nice job

I have a loupe that fits over glasses, so that it's hands-free. The tools I used are mostly two very very tiny tweezers. The glue is ordinary super glue, but the model has fallen apart several times in my hands, mostly because the assembly order in the instructions is not well thought-out.

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
Nice work. Now that makes me think. Where is there a watch shop around here because I've never even heard of one around here. I know jewelers have some small tools but I'd like to find some smaller tools for detailing. If you can do that with those tools then I know I can use them.