Microsoft Bashing

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by Gearz, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Gearz

Gearz Member

Ahhh the good old Amiga days eh! When the word 'crash' had nothing to do with computers.

Seems Microsoft bashing is a popular past time and I wish I could say I'm above it... but I'm not.. From time to time I've seen some funny and quite creative ones.. saw this one and thought it would make a good card subject, I think we can all relate it. Its pretty simple ~ two pages, to bad is not full size... maybe someone can make a monitor to go with it..

Microsoft Enhanced Keyboard

2. hpept

hpept Member

Maybe you forgot about guru's meditations... :twisted: :cry:
  3. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

That brings back memories, my first puter was an Amiga 500, with the extension module giving me a whopping 1 meg ram... Man was I cutting edge or what?
  4. Alcides

Alcides Member

Cutting edge???

When I bought my Commodore 64 with 64K ( Yes, kilobytes) this was cutting edge. A big step ahead of my Sinclair computer with only 16Kbytes of RAM

Man, I feel a bit old now :D

By the way, I've been work with computers for 24 years. I'm think Microsoft delayed the computer development in 10 years at least. Really, I hate the company.

5. Darwin

Darwin Member

Hey, no one bash miggies. I'm still running an A4000, all tricked out with a 40 MHz 68040 and 32 meg ram. Still a lot of things it does better than my PC.
  6. silverw

silverw Member

My C64 was my first computer. I think it replaced my "PONG" game!!

As I recall...$600 bucks ... no monitor ...maybe a "DATASET" but for sure no hard drive. (another $600)

I still have it and it still works!!
  7. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Big Brother

While we're on the subject of Microsft did you all know that windows xp will save every last program you ever load onto your computer in a file that it labels with some randomly selected number so when you're going through your files you won't notice it?

I have had occasion to wonder whether my computer secretly sends reports to microsoft about what's been loaded and used and all that.
  8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

willja67 Don't worry about that anymore................ it does!:cry: REALLY! Windows2000 and no more. NO XP for Me!

9. popala

popala Member

Somewhere in the attic I have a working Commodore 64 set (all in matching color): computer, monitor, 5.25" disk drive and two joysticks with one red button each. I am only missing a tape drive to complete the set. Those were the days... ;)
  10. Kaz

Kaz Member

Oh my.... What will MS do with all that information? and what about pc's that aren't hooked to the interweb, and as for the last 10 years having PC's
    development slowed down, well all I can say is ...remember the days when you had Orics, Commodores, Dragons, Amigas, and none of the programmes would work on each others machines? I applaud the conformity that MS has given the PC Communities, the fact we can share (legal) files and the communication it affords too. If you really really hate MS then uninstall it and load UBUNTU instead, hey, infact dont install UBUNTU, but load it to a cd and run your office directly from the CD.
  11. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Oh yes, back in the good old days.....

OHFERGOODNESSSAKES you lot! Just imagine trying to print out a card model on a 9 pin dot matrix printer.... Kaz, I'm right with you! We take it all for granted now, but if it hadn't have been Uncle Bill, it might have been Uncle Steve or Uncle who-ever, but I reckon things would have developed pretty much the same way they have done. Nostalgia is NOT what it used to be; that is why that Commodore is in the attic!

Tim P
  12. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

My first computer was a slide rule. (Slate and chalk don't count, do they?:p )
    Then I got an electronic calculator that had a fixed two digit decimal place.
    Then I got one that had a floating decimal place.
    Then a Vic 20.
    Then a C-64.
    Since then a steady stream of PC based computers running MS Windows in its ever changing form and (dis)function.:roll:
  13. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Radio Shack was in the game also those days with its "COCO", Color Computer, that is. My first one was a grey all-in-one: CPU, keyboard, floppy drive (no hard disks on these little gizmos) and connectors. Then hook up the TV, and voil√°!
    Then I upgrade to the next COCO - I didn't learn fast - it was all the same, except for the shiny white look.

Then came the 8086, 20 MB of hard disk and 32MB in RAM. In those days the "office" suite was Lotus 123 (it was used as word processor and for spreadsheets), and Harvard Graphics. On this great program I designed - NO MOUSE - the logo of my college. It took me 2 DAYS to complete it, but I was the only guy in the whole school to have it electronically. Ah, the good old days.

BTW, I'm in the Space Shuttle-ISS fever (the Discovery lands in about one hour), so I'm building ISS' Destiny lab. The project is to complete the ISS, thanks to the models at Mars Center.
  14. Gearz

Gearz Member

Guess we all have definite opinions on this one and its obviously rekindled plenty of fond memories. I loooovvveeed!!!! my Amiga 2000.. it was a real joy to use, a sad day when it finally fell over ( my fault, not its) Nostalgia / bet! I even converted the M'board into a Night light ( looks a bit .. BORGish) its long dead and its still useful! I was producing interactive training / educational presentations and Video's, long before you could even draw titties with a Dosbox. Who couldn't be creative with software with names like Deluxe Paint!!

I can't recall? didn't Lightwave start life on the Amiga?

Microsoft XP ! = insert sinister music HERE.