Micro-Machines That Work for Me!

upguy

Oregon Western Lines, CEO
Jan 26, 2001
Canyon City, Oregon, USA
http
I have been posting pictures in various threads about the use of Micro-Machine vehicles that I have found to be satisfactory for use with N-scale. I'll post some of them here in one place for you to evaluate. Most of the Micro-Machine products are far from perfect, but a few of them I feel are worthy of inclusion on my layout. Your opinions may vary, but here are some of my picks.

One of first items that I picked up was the pack with this helicopter. It didn't come with the pilot, but I figured out a way to make an N-scale figure fit in the cockpit. (Don't tell anybody, but this pilot is disabled! I had to cut his feet off to get him in.)

I also liked the looks of the excavator and the roller enough to buy that blister pack. It was better than a lot of the possibilities because there were two items of interest in one grouping. Unfortunately for the more serious modelers, many of the packs only have one item that is very useful. (Micro-Machines probably does this on purpose, so they can sell their lousy pieces)

I also purchased a few blister packs that contained fire equipment. Micro-Machines has a couple of fire trucks that aren't too bad although I haven't included a picture here. I'll see if I can remedy that situation later.

I have also been roaming the toy departments or Target, Wal-Mart, etc. in search of the Johnny Lightning Monopoly cars just for the tokens, but that's going to be another thread. :D

Attachments

• Mvc-117s.jpg
    Mvc-117s.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 418
  • Mvc-092s.jpg
    Mvc-092s.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 413
  • Mvc-356s.jpg
    Mvc-356s.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 412

upguy

Oregon Western Lines, CEO
Jan 26, 2001
Canyon City, Oregon, USA
http
I almost forgot.... This garbage truck is also a Micro-Machines vehicle. In the second picture it can be seen how it compares to the vehicles in the background. They are from left to right: Atlas Tarus; Johnny Lightning Dodge Charger??? (Monopoly piece with a partially completed paint job); Classic Metal Works, Police Cruiser; Atlas Ford F-150 pick-up; and the camp trailer and the vehicle pulling it are a Wiking product. I may not have gotten all the makes and models right since I'm not very knowledgeable about things like that, but I believe that I do have the manufacturers right.

Attachments

• Mvc-090s.jpg
    Mvc-090s.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 410
  • Mvc-106s.jpg
    Mvc-106s.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 412

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
The Walmarts here in town don't have them, but you can be sure the first time they get them in, I'll buy a cart load of them! Nice find!

NSCALEMIKE

Dec 5, 2001
Henderson, NV
Visit site
Yes Hasbro bought out Galoob (the original manufacturer of them) a few years ago. Then stopped production...but now have a new line of them out. You can still get alot of the original ones (pre-Hasbro) on eBay...for reasonable prices...new and used assortments. I have a lot of the military ones, mostly from my son's collection! I think the original ones are much better looking..better detail...I am guessing the new tooling (poorer quality?) is in use now..they don't look the same as the originals.

Attachments

• 2004_0524Image0575.JPG
    2004_0524Image0575.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 258

tillsbury

Jul 18, 2004
NZ
I particularly like your weathered bulldozer... can we get these things on the net? (nearest Wal-Mart is about 6000 miles away).

Oh, and I don't want to pick holes in your sig, but apparently 84% of all statistics are made up on the spot...

Charles

rcwatkins

Jul 4, 2003
TN
Visit site
Ah, don't worry about perfection. After all, this is the Dairy Queen layout right? If it is, then non train folk won't notice b/c they can't tell. ;)