Micro Machines FYI

All of us are always on the lookout for N Scale vehicles.
On a visit to a friends layout I was admiring some of Mike Cannazzero's autos and upon asking him where he got them I was surprised when he told me they were micro machines by ERTL and were from a series run of Dick Tracy cars in several scales.
They have some Dick Tracy logos on them that are easily removed with the use of a pencil eraser. The Black and white police car has a star on the side that is a sticker and can be peeled off.
These can be still found on the E auction by putting in Dick Tracy Micro.
Here is a comparison to two Classic Metal works vehicles (the pickup and the Plymouth on the left).

Dick-Tracy.jpg

This is what the package looks like and some info.
ERTL Disney Dick Tracy Micro Size Car Set No. 2672

The ERTL Company, Inc./The Walt Disney Co., 1990. Made in China.
Set of 4 micro size cars from the 1990 Disney movie starring Warren Beatty and Madonna. Each car measures approx. 1 inch long. Includes Tess’ Car, Tracy’s Car, Police Car and Itchy’s Car.
DickTracy2.jpg

Mike

upguy

Oregon Western Lines, CEO
Jan 26, 2001
Canyon City, Oregon, USA
http
I have managed to utilize some Micro-Machines on my layout also...mainly the construction equipment. They aren't perfect, but after weathering and some minor changes; I can find a place for them. Those Dick Tracy cars look pretty good, but they are too old for my era. Perhaps I could rust them up and put them in a junk yard....

The Monopoly pieces put out by Johnny Lightning make some cool N-scale vehicles, but you do have to take the time to paint them which can present some challenges.