Michi from Munich

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by michik, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michik

michik Member

Hi, I'm from munich, Germany and I've been lurking in the shadows of this forum for some time, now. But finally I step out into the light!

Some people here will already know me from other occasions.

I build practically anything with some emphasis on ships, planes and railways. With occasional exceptions I build around 1/250 scale, i.e., if it's for my (not yet started, let alone finished!) Z-gauge layout, the scale will be 1/220, 1/250 in all other cases.

Occasionally, I also design the odd model, and it was a great pleasure for me to finally have found someone who actually has built my Munich tramcar!

2. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Hello Michi!
    Thanks for coming out of the lurker shadow!
  3. Gil

Gil Active Member

It's All Fussball...,

Hi Michi! Glad to have you aboard here. I have often wondered why more HO and N scalers don't take advantage of papermodeling in their layouts. Seems it is slowly taking hold. Seems Kartonbau is suffering from Fussball Attention Deficit Disorder (FADD)...,

4. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Welcome Michi !
    I would be happy to see a link to your Munich Tramcar, I love all railway cardmodels...or at least a picture will do I suppose.
    Anyway, Welcome!
  5. michik

michik Member

Hi woodengraver!
    No problem with the link and the picture, but, uh, oh, the thing is, it was you I referred to! Well, I've attached a photo, anyway, and the link is http://www.tram.org/fmtm/download/.

However, there's a set of four Bavarian coaches at http://www.kartonbau.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=2864. The pdf file contains the parts and the zip file the instructions. I'm not sure, but I think the instructions are only in german. If babelfish doesn't help you, just tell me.

I've also attached a picture of another of my designs. It's a locomotive of the German military light railways from the WW I era. The design is even older than the tramcar and there's at least one flaw in it (the sand domes should have an elliptical cross section, not a circular one) but if you are interested, I can put it in the parts bin (i.e. as soon as I find where I put the original files).

Hi Gil!
    Football and a beautyful, hot summer really do the trick! But that's o.k., there will be more than sufficient bad weather for modelling in the future!

6. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I'm relieved! That model was very challenging! A very fun build though. It is SO NICE to correspond with the creator of that model. Thank you for that. And thank you for that extra link... I will look into it.
    Have a great day Michi !
  7. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Hello Michi and welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the wonderful tramcars. I am looking forward to building this set and I look forward to you finding that locomotive as well!

Anyway, glad you decided to step out into the light!
    I know you will enjoy your stay here!

8. michik

michik Member

Oh, stupid me, I've forgotton to upload the pictures!
    (And noone tells me...)

So, here come the photos, and the locomotive is uploaded as well. You can find it here: http://www.cardmodels.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4303

Thanks again to all of you for the warm welcome!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.