Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dyna-Soar, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

The Earth battleship from the novel Footfall, by Larry Niven and Gerry Pournelle.It's more or less going to be 1:200 scale.

I mostly used card, printer paper and posterboard for this model in addition to two Granola Bar Boxes.

Underside of the "Roof" showing the RCS thrusters on the "Brick"

Overall Shot:
  2. gippolot

gippolot Member

Great stuff Dyna-Soar,

As for Granola Bar Boxes, more power to them. The name Larry Niven triggers a memory from days long past. But I can't remember the novels.wall1

3. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

I read Footfall a long time ago. Those were some pissed off elephants. sign1

Is that the nuclear bomb powered space ship? :D
  4. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Cool. I remember reading that one too, and the multi-trunked psycho-killer elephants. I didn't picture the ship to look like that, but it fits the descriptions perfectly. Nice.
  5. cjd

cjd Member

I know the novel well - models looking good.

6. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

7. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

8. Gearz

Gearz Member

I love builds like this! ~ It makes me want to go dig out Footfall and re-read it.

excellent work Dyna-Soar :thumb:
  9. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

I've added the smaller Turrets. I still need to find something to use for the pusher plate.
  10. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Salad Bowl!
  11. Mifune73

Mifune73 Member

So we'll be able to dock our shuttles and get our USDA of soluble fiber at the same time. Cool!
  12. cjd

cjd Member

I'm really surprised how much the picture from the link in #8 gels with my mental image of Michael - normally seeing something I'd only previuosly imagined is a dissapointment.

13. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

some progress I made tonight:
  14. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Excellent build you have going there! Can't wait to see the rest!
  15. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

Progress so far: