Mice?! Arthur Dent hitches a ride...

BazookaJo

Apr 2, 2006
UK
www.bazookajo.me.uk
Again - another late entry for all 5 of us H2G2 fans, but FINALLY finished Arthur Dent thanks to prodding from Maverick over on PM

Love the line up but not sure they'll be any more till I retire :D

And YES he is wearing a digital watch ;)

And yes I need to print Arthur's name tag on the base on better paper to match the others....

Beta kit will follow in the next week and Maverick has first call.....

Group.jpg
Cuppa.jpg
Bypass.jpg

Maverick65

Jul 13, 2012
Newark, Ohio
YES!!! Arthur has teleported in... The tartin dressing gown, the slippers, the (cool) digital watch, the tea cup with Benji mouse in it, I LOVE IT!!!

Oh and the fiver bill for cleaning the windows, the eviction notice and the blueprint with the answer to the Ultimate Question on it are way to cool, I LOVE IT TOO?

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Now to go find him....

BazookaJo

Apr 2, 2006
UK
www.bazookajo.me.uk
Cheers Maverick -Glad you like it.

As I've said before - it was a real labor of love and Arthur and I fell out for a while - mostly due to that dressing gown. Texturing is mot my strong point so getting tartan to meet well and logically at the seams was a simple case of tweaking and building over and over and over and over....

With the huge delay I just did small bits here and there till it went completely into limbo about 10 hours from completion until your interest sparked my desire to bottom it once and for all, so sincerest thanks for that.

As for the beta build it's very much appreciated - The parts are actually complete, so it's just a case of re-organising and labeling them correctly and making sure it makes sense to someone other than me.

So fingers crossed I'll get a copy to you next week - give you something to do over Christmas ;)

Very best regards

Paul.

P.S. How did you know the mouse was Benji? ;D Always figured I'd do one mouse with the Arthur model and the other with the Trillian model, but no idea when she'll make an appearance LOL

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
These are Hilarious!! Great Stuff!! :)

BazookaJo

Apr 2, 2006
UK
www.bazookajo.me.uk
These are Hilarious!! Great Stuff!! :)

Cheers Zathros - the Hitchhikers stuff is definitely the least popular of the stuff I do, in fact I think there have only been 250 downloads of Marvin the Paranoid Android whereas my most popular model - Marvin the Martian - has had about 40,000 LOL (though I'd guess that less than 10% of people that download models actually build them...)

The bottom line is that I design for myself first and if anyone else enjoys them it's a bonus :D