Metaseq new version

Discussion in 'Software' started by NOBI, Jul 16, 2004.

1. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Mizno lab just release metaseq v.2.3.3, im not look it closer yet but i think this version much more improve than last version. first thing i saw is a build-in plugin what have a boolean, Delete Line, Wired, Seperate face and change vertex color inside that pack.

u can d/l Metaseq v.2.3.3 at evaluate version still free
  2. ButchPrice

ButchPrice Member

Do you use this Nobi?

Just asking, but is this an application
    that you use in your model creation
    process Nobi?

( Probing for all of NOBI's secrets) :wink:
  3. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Butchprice,

4. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

I d'led the new version, but apparently there is no way to send money to Japan,

I don't think that is quite true.....

However, until I can get a registered version, I am stuck with the native mqo file format.

Ah well, until I can transfer data to and from other programs, this software is of very little practical use to me. Shame, boolean operations on meshes would be very useful, amongst other things.

Tim P

PS Or have I missed something?
  5. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Can't you import the .mqo file into Tenkai for unfolding? Or perhaps Pepakura? Nobi, you're the expert :D

6. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Yes...Tenkai and Pepakura both support the mqo format Metasequioa produces. Its NOBI's way of in Metasequioa and unfold in Pepakura, since Pepakura supports that format without registration. But I'll let NOBI get more into the details. I still haven't figured out how to keep my built models from unfolding into a million little triangles. 8v)
  7. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Ash, sounds like your meshes are not welded, in other words the file is effectively millions of seperate triangles. I did a tutorial thingy on this a while back, which might help, although I used Rhino to sort it out, there are usually ways of welding coincidental points in most mesh modellers.

What software are you using to generate your meshes?

Tim P
  8. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I have been using metasequioa to build my models...or attempt to build them. 8v) I have tried to read the Rhino tutorial to figure out what I am doing wrong, but in a number of places, things done in Rhino aren't the way they need to be done in metasequioa. NOBI has tried to help me out on occasion, but I my thick, ancient head is hard to get things through.
  9. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

I don't know metasequioa in any depth, so I hope someone else can pitch in here! I just tried out a few things, deleting and adding a number of faces and then unfolding in Pepakura, but it worked OK. I may have a setting different to you though, and with only a partial English help file, it is a bit tricky to see what is going on! Neat program though (Oh no, Tim's got another distraction...) Help, anyone else?

Tim P
  10. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Metaseq is not easy program :D but if u can use metaseq, it will be powerful program for create a mesh. i think to make some tutorial to make a simple mesh for guide to anybody who want to make papermodel from metaseq + pepakura (like me)

Pepakura and Metaseq work together like same program, everything u see in metaseq that is the same what u see in pepakura

if u have a thousand of triangle when unfold mean your face is not join together (like weld in Rhino) join each vertex together is very easy way to do...just select vertex u want to join and press Ctrl+J...that's all

update new version...UV mapping of metaseq 2.3.3 is very powerful and now u can export UV mapping in .BMP file and open in graphic program like photoshop and paint for skin in very easy way :D