Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Hans Christian, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Messiah Spacecraft from Deep Impact

Hi Hans,

Re. "our plea to the designers":
    Do you mean the card model or the life-size 'real' one? :wink:

Bengt :smile:
  2. jparenti

jparenti Member

I'd love to see this model myself...
    I know plenty of shuttle models with matching ETs, and I'm sure the rocket parts would be easy to come by (Leo has an excellent Energia). Maybe if better photos could be found, the missing bits in between could be built. I actually have one ET almost built that matches the Fortezza orbiter. Plus, I have a surplus Endeavour forward section that never got mated to the cargo bay (long story short, I screwed the wings up!!) I'd love to put them to good use.
    And I agree... Armageddon was just too scientifically inaccurate to be entertaining. Sadly, I've taken way too many physics courses to suspend my disbelief. :grin:
  3. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Umm... Both!!! :-D
  4. Hans Christian

so anyone out there willing to do one? :-D
  5. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

If somebody could find blueprints that is~
  6. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

7. Hans Christian

yeah... looks workable... :-D
  8. Hans Christian

Hi guys!!! time to open this one up again!!! :-D

BTW, this news from me maybe a bit late... but I received the special edition copy of the film, and been looking at the spaceship twice now...

The 2 most compicated things on the spacecraft so far are the Orion nuclear propulsion system and the shuttle lander...

But maybe after a few more watches for the film and I'll draw a bit of a blueprint for us to start on... :-D
  9. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

This looks like a fantastic idea for a paper model. It seems that most of it can be derived from the Space Shuttle and Booster rockets. Another thought that's very close to this is the "Mission to Mars" craft. It too is a derivation of a shuttle.
  10. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

my two cents

Hi all!

Just stumbled upon this thread, and i like the discussion! :thumb:

IMO Both movies were excellent. I cannot choose between them because they have almost nothing in common...
    "Did he say nothing?!?!?"
    Well, Ok, so both have asteroids about to hit the earth. Both send up a craft to wack it. Thats it as far as I can tell.
    Lets not go into comparing Eragon and Star Wars new hope! :eek:

I would love to have the Messiah sitting next to the X-71 on my cabinet! :mrgreen:
    I wouldn't have mind getting into this design myself, but like so many of the designers here, my plate's overflowing with projects already... :cry:

Anyhoo, Does anyone else find it ironic that Aphopis/2004MP4 will be here on FRIDAY THE 13th? :twisted:
  11. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

^^^ If you've got to go anyway, what a way to go..... watching an asteroid slowly descend on your planet. Wow! Talk about fireworks! WHOOT!:cool:
  12. Hans Christian

I've just checked out the special segments of the DVD, and found some useful illustrations for the spacecraft, now I just have to figure out a way to get snapshots to post here... :-D