Messerschmitt Bf-108 Taifun

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by JT Fox, Aug 22, 2008.

1. JT Fox

JT Fox Member

I'd thought I'd share some shots of the design I'm currently working on.

I pleased with progress so far, especially as this is the 1st full prototype build of any of my designs. The rest sit as saved files waiting their turn.

I still have a far bit of work to do.

• Front end is to small.
    • Canopy does not curve round body.
    • Wing joins need to be improved.
    • Tail area needs major work.
    When all that's done it will still need colouring.

Cheers JTF
  2. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i would say that is a great start. keep will look awsome when you are done. and a good subject as well.:)
  3. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Oh. That's nice looking.

4. Cybermac

Cybermac Member

Good stuff!!!
  5. JT Fox

JT Fox Member

Thanks guys.

I have made the changes and have started the second build. Fingers crossed.

Cheers JTF.
  6. JT Fox

JT Fox Member

Bf 108B-1 D-IHDD. Isle of Man racing aircraft. 1937.

I printed the model on Kodak Everyday Picture Paper (Glossy 165 g/m2).

Model size is around 1/72 scale which gives it a length of 120mm.

Although the photo paper gave a nice finish to the model I found the weight of paper at this scale a bit tricky, especially with some of the small joins and folds. I also found that the pens I use to colour cut edges didn't take to the photo paper.

I'm still not happy with the body to wing joints on the underside and have started to rework this part already.

In addition to the underside rework I going to create a cross section former to help keep the shape at the front. I also need to create a tabs sheet for the build as up til now I've just made them as I went along.

Some of the decals need amendments. For the eagle eyed the "22" on the starboard side is reversed.

The tail section is better but still needs work.

Finally my daughter, (aged 7), asked me what makes it go. I told her, "the propeller at the front drags the aircraft along and the wings make it lift into the the air". She replied, "what propeller"? I can't believe I'd forgotten the propeller.

Cheers JTF
  7. JT Fox

JT Fox Member

A 1/54 scale Ecardmodels Livery version of this model can now be downloaded free at

Cheers JTF